Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big news for the catfishe opener!!!!!!!

Default Big news for the catfishe opener!!!!!!!

Just got word that we WILL be stocking TROPHY sized Catfish for the opener! All of these trophy sized fish will be 6lb+. What a way to kick off our Catfish season which will start June 6th! I am pretty sure all of you remeber the EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bite that took place last May and June.We had several 100lb+ limits brought up. Make sure to stock up on your big baitholder and cirlce hooks and heavy line. We can not wait for this stocking date to come around because the video is going to be off th hook. So mark your calenders because this might be the most insane Catfish Opener EVER at Irvine Lake.

Just a little sampling from last years Catfish Season.... What will this years Catfish Season bring!!!!!

Jimmy

Sounds like a perfect way to start off another awesome catfish season....I can't wait!!!

I really hope the lake considers showing the stocking video AFTER the weekend or at least not make it obvious where they're being stocked. Last years scene was a massacre....lets give those kittys a chance to get out of the corral before they get stringered!

TD

I am with ya TD... I want to have a Cat tourney before they Stock for the opener... No truck chasers! No Ramp Whores!
    No people holding up 100lb stringers caught 10 feet from the truck and acting like there pro staff!

The Hold over Classic! Now that sounds like fun to me!

like a said for years--you do not need to stock the lake,there are a lot of nice big cats already.well said rooster and trout dog,maybe they can put underwater cherry bombs to scare the stockers evenly in the lake.I will volunteer to make noise and scare the cats away from the ramp.hey I have a idea that will work,I will just take my shirt off ,that will scare em.lol thanx irvine.lake.

Can't wait for some screaming clickers! They should stock from multiple places and at night! I'm with the rest of my crew. Sick of watching boats crowding the shore line trying to stick the fish before they have a chance to spread out. This is already a great Kitty lake with plenty of holdovers, no need to fish the stock truck! Lol
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 04-24-2014 at 04:16 PM.

it would be nice if they spread the stocking around and show the Vid after the weekend