Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Busting Fluro Leader from 30-40lb Braid-SUGGESTIONS?!?

Default Busting Fluro Leader from 30-40lb Braid-SUGGESTIONS?!?

I have been busting off my 12 lb fluro leader to 20 lb braid and 15 lb fluro leader to 30 lb braid a little too often. This is causing the loss of owner wide gap rigging hooks and tungsten bullet weights often. Cha Ching!

Ideas??? The leader spools are relatively new and kept out of the sun. I am popping the fluoro mid leader not at the knot. My knots are all good.

Could I have a bad spool of seagar? I have checked the leaders for tiny dings and nicks because I know this is a problem with fluro. Actually I have backed off the drag a little like you are supposed to do with braid. I am at a loss. The setups are a medium worm rod extra fast and a med heavy/heavy fast flipping stick. I am breaking BRAND NEWLY TIED LEADERS. Throwing Ikas, larger worms, finesse jigs and creature baits. I have a hard time believing I am overpowering the leader with a hook set. 12-15 lb is pretty strong line.

Tomorrow I am throwing straight 15 maxima leader on the 30 lb braid setup to see if I am just plain overpowering the fluro.

I had this problem last year or year before and it turned out to be the seagaur line try going to sunline super sniper fc.. that is what solved my problem.. As I said the exact problem to the T.. I think seagaur has changed something in there lines been seeing lots of bad reports of people using seagaur lately.

and as everyone told me check your knots very well make sure they are good. lol let me know what you find out im really curious to know if it is seagaur that whole problem made me cut them out of my tackle boxes now..

Default tatsu

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    I have been busting off my 12 lb fluro leader to 20 lb braid and 15 lb fluro leader to 30 lb braid a little too often. This is causing the loss of owner wide gap rigging hooks and tungsten bullet weights often. Cha Ching!

Ideas??? The leader spools are relatively new and kept out of the sun. I am popping the fluoro mid leader not at the knot. My knots are all good.

Could I have a bad spool of seagar? I have checked the leaders for tiny dings and nicks because I know this is a problem with fluro. Actually I have backed off the drag a little like you are supposed to do with braid. I am at a loss. The setups are a medium worm rod extra fast and a med heavy/heavy fast flipping stick. I am breaking BRAND NEWLY TIED LEADERS. Throwing Ikas, larger worms, finesse jigs and creature baits. I have a hard time believing I am overpowering the leader with a hook set. 12-15 lb is pretty strong line.

Tomorrow I am throwing straight 15 maxima leader on the 30 lb braid setup to see if I am just plain overpowering the fluro.
    Use TATSU FLURO PROBLEM SOLVED.

I am on maxima straight copolymer tomorrow. In the other fluoro post, I mentioned how bad *** Invizx is in the surf under constant grinding and washing machine conditions. I am starring to think it is the Seagar blue box, which is looking like the problem. I mean crap, I can barely break off 8lb P-line CXX when I am hung up on the bottom. Something's up!

Quote Originally Posted by ela View Post
    Use TATSU FLURO PROBLEM SOLVED.
    Expensive, no?