Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Made It ...

Default We Made It ...

Did you make it without a cell phone or computer ?
    DR

Hell DR that was me back then, and still drink out of the garden hose and shoot a BB gun in the backyard.

Jeez DR and old fisher, I thought that was me in that short clip. I fought before, in and after school. rode my bike all over Paramount south Gate Long Beach, Downey Lakewood. Was home AT dark. Shot my BB gun in the back yard did OK in school which I had to walk to,(no snow or ice however) went to college joined the Military were I found out what booze and women were for, became a cop did 35 yrs and retired now it all lean back in the chair time,

Thats when we were real americans ,not this screwed up mess now days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A-men t/o !

Yeah right, it's that thing your typing on. It's how you use it, love gps maping, books and music apps on the iPad and TONS of other tech stuff. The challenge is putting it down when appropriate and not using it as a battle axe gramps.

One other thing missing these days is a respect for those older than you. I remember when we use to respect what the older generation had to say, even if we didn't agree.

I've had to figure out that respect is absent from many these days, didn't know it was missing till I spent too much time posting on this website. Not disrespecting FNN but there is a very wide range of ages on this site. I understand that we weren't perfect either when we were young, not by any means, but there has definitely been a generational change, my dad would have knocked me around good if I ever disrespected my elders.

Oh well.....

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    One other thing missing these days is a respect for those older than you. I remember when we use to respect what the older generation had to say, even if we didn't agree.

I've had to figure out that respect is absent from many these days, didn't know it was missing till I spent too much time posting on this website. Not disrespecting FNN but there is a very wide range of ages on this site. I understand that we weren't perfect either when we were young, not by any means, but there has definitely been a generational change, my dad would have knocked me around good if I ever disrespected my elders.

Oh well.....
    There is no automatic respect, and you should know better.

OR ELSE, I will start following Nathan Bedford Forrest.

There should be respect LQ. The younger generation needs to understand they do not know it all but are being taught by many that they do know it all and that they are the greatest minds, greatest athletes and will become Gods on this earth. This leads to a lack of respect and arrogance because they already are the best at everything, they already know it all. Who needs to respect those that have learned stuff via life experience when you already know it all?

I know it's cliche but what I was taught was yes sir and no mam not calling them names like "gramps" well that is of course unless it's your granddad.

The "gramps" comment was in jest, I'm probably older than most here. Respect is good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast