Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Canyon Lake 4/18/14

Default Canyon Lake 4/18/14

Got lucky, had a friend of a friend invite us in for some shore fishing. Great morning session, not in numbers, but in quality. Hit 4 spots, 3 produced, one was the best. We had 7 bass and 1 cat (7+ #). My biggest 5 sack went 23#! 2 sixs, 2 fours, and a 3. Best bait was the weightless Ika. Had to find the rocks to get bit. Most fish still pre-spawn! Good sign.

Fished that lake for most of my life. Had a condo on Treasure Island. Always nice fish there despite the constant water condition problems. Those sewage spills seem to make the water explode in Shad and the more food, the bigger the fish. Love to flip the reeds way back in the ski arm. Two more words for you if you ever return.....Float Tube.

My fishing partner & I are heading there after about 3 month drought. We will be float tubing. Hope we do as well. We usually do pretty well.