Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Great Big Bear Fishing 4/18 In the Rain Pics/Vid

Default Great Big Bear Fishing 4/18 In the Rain Pics/Vid

My wife and I were out fishing Big Bear Lake with the Kids last Thursday 4/17 and got skunked. Actually we had a good one on the line that I was letting my 2 1/2 year old daughter reel in. She was playing him and all of a sudden slack line. The 4 pound stren leader broke at the knot. That was if for the first day. Friday the forecast was for 10% chance of rain but the skies looked more like 100% chance. Sure enough it started to pour on us. We got the top up and had an excellent hour of fishing. Hooking 6 and landing 5 of them. These fish were caught on a slip float down 15 feet with sliding egg sinker and Berkley Chunky Cheese Power Bait. Sorry for the poor lighting, tough to film in the rain. Lots of fun though.

love your videos on youtube. Never fished at big bear but might give it a try.

Awesome video and great catch! You turned bad weather into a great trip, I love it! I'll be heading there Thursday- Sunday for my bday getaway. I'm also taking up my boat so hopefully ill do half as good as you did! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, good luck up there. People around were doing well trolling as well, but I didn't see what they were using.

Thanks for the report Doc , Your a tough one for sure to be fishing in that weather . I know what your boat looks like and hope to run into you someday . Fishing has been the best now then the last 2 years . Went today and was looking for you , ha . Thanks for sharing with us // DB

Yeah I might show up there again sometime Diabondbear... I'm a wanderer so who knows where I'll show up next.

Awesome video and report...great enthusiasm for the sport!

TD