Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water level

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    I wish they would drop it another 20 ft!!!
    No doubt. Was metering some of those spots today. But I agree with everyone else here, that hill is a freaking mountain at the end of the day...

Howd u guys do today. I was gonna stop and say hi but the 15 mph wind drift and my 12v trolling motor wouldnt allow it.

How far is DVL from the low point when the lake was closed and then the ramp was extended a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Howd u guys do today. I was gonna stop and say hi but the 15 mph wind drift and my 12v trolling motor wouldnt allow it.
    We did pretty good. We boated 15, a few less than last Tuesday but better than last Thursday when at least for us, the bite slowed down quite a bit. How did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCityUSA View Post
    How far is DVL from the low point when the lake was closed and then the ramp was extended a few years back?
    The lake was just under 100ft down at it's lowest point during the last drawdown. I'd say it has a little over 30ft left to go before it reaches that point...

We got about 20, some on the trash fish but most came on texas rigged worms in about 25 feet. The wind was pretty brutal so we spent a lot of time setting up for and dragging certain areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    We got about 20, some on the trash fish but most came on texas rigged worms in about 25 feet. The wind was pretty brutal so we spent a lot of time setting up for and dragging certain areas.
    Nice job dude. I caught 7 of them on a t-rigged creature bait, and 7 were caught on a blade, surface to 5ft deep early then slow rolled deep when the lights came on. Later in the afternoon I caught them shallow again on the blade on wind facing, chopped banks. My buddy got his fish on a blade. He lost what had to be close to a 5lb fat pig on a blade but he didn't shove his tip under and it jumped about 2ft in the air and shook it off. That sucked, it would have been his best fish in a couple of years...

Sucks about losing the pig. U guys are on the water a lot. He'll stick a toad soon enough. Good luck out there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12