Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poseidon Shares Easter Sunrise Service with Ol' SWAT Guy

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Very nicely done Danimal! Glad you were able to get over there for the slayage! Keep up the legal count...you're getting close!

Don
    Don ... my 3 legals on Sat was the best legal count day that I have ever had! Thanx for inspiring so many of us to fish harder and smarter!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Great job out there Danimal...... Hey ...I recognize that green slime and also those urchins!
    Beautiful pics brotha and even greater fishing. As of late I've been seeing a lot of guys putting their fingers toooooo close to the halibuts mouths. All ya need is for that critter to bite ya once and you will NEVER do that again...LOL
    I've actually been bit twice and now I always keep my fingers away from those needle sharp jaws.

Thanks for the inspiration on the sand sir and Happy Easter to YA !!
    Mike,

Ha ha ha! I could take a sand sample from six different beaches and I truly believe that you would know where each one was from ... you are that good at knowing and recognizing our So. Calif. coast line! Your vast knowledge astounds me!

I find that when I lay the Halibut down with their white belly side up ... they are much calmer to handle and I get a truer measure .... the same way the warden would measure it if he were checking my fish to be of legal length. I promise to be careful!

It's always my pleasure to share the sand with you my friend... I always seem to come away from our sessions with a little more knowledge.

Thanks for always guiding me with your wisdom and for making me a better fisherman for it!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by EfrenM View Post
    nice session good job on the legals .....
    Hi ya Efren,

I still can't believe that I landed three in one session! This is only supposed to happen to other people ... ... not me!

It's like we always tell everyone else .... it's just a matter of time! Dream BIG!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by tomar19 View Post
    Great report, love all of the details. Nice pics as well! As for the fishing, I'd love to have a day out there like that. Glad you got to enjoy it and keep the reports coming.

Tony
    Hi ya Tony,

Thanks for your positive response to my fish report. I some times worry that I put in too much information into my reports and that people loose interest in the report before reaching the end of it. I'll try to work on a balance.

I would also love to have a repeat day like the 3 Hali Sat I just had ... I'm sure that I'll have to wait a while before that happens again!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Great job out there Dan. You've been putting lots of time on the sand and it's paying off in great dividends. You are on fire and thanks for keeping me up to date. I have a lot to learn from you still, not the other way around .

-Peter
    Hi ya Peter,

Truth be told Brotha .... I've been pretty ill for 12 weeks and I haven't really put very much time out in the salt like the rest of you.
    But for the time that I was out there ... I feel as tho I was really blessed with some remarkable gifts ..... which is why I gave them right back to Poseidon. For more good Karma!

I look forward to fishing along side you again .... soon!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Love the great pics Dan! Sounds like a great couple off days on the water! Glad to see your feeling better. Thanks for the great report and pics.
    Hey Dan!

I like your name Sir! Ha ha ha! We have something in common besides our fishing addiction ...eh!

Yeah .... I'm back to being 100% recovered and plan on assaulting every beach and as often as possible Sir! The fish are out there ... sometimes ya just got to put in the leg work hunt for them.

Thank you for always being so supportive and kind in all of your responses Dan.

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Dan

another great report on another great session at the sea. This report (like all your others) gets me inspired to get out there and enjoy the ocean's bounty!!!

Awesome pictures too!!!

all the best to ya,

Nick
    Hi ya Nick,

If you get a little bit inspired by my reports ... well then ... I'm flattered indeed Sir!

Just like you ... I try to do my best, to use the knowledge from my previous sessions and then improve on my techniques and skills.
    With any luck .... Poseidon will find it fitting to reward us now and then!

Thanx for taking the time to check out and to respond my fish report!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Good to see the pic's Dan. Another great story/report as well.

Take care my friend. Be sure to get back to the water soon.

WWO
    Hi ya Bill,

I always feels great to return to the surf ... but to catch a few fish .... is an added blessing indeed!
    That 3 Hali session was a blessing that I will never forget nor will I ever expect to have happen ever again!

I can"t wait to read about your fish camp weekend! I'm throwing positive energy up your way ... for a very successful weekend for you!

Thanks for checking out my fish report Bill!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Danimal! You are closing in on me! Now I have to watch the rear view mirror for you, Don and the Commander! As you already know, I went out there Monday and caught an Octopus.

Thanks for keeping me updated with the intel and hope to get together real soon!

Ken

P.S. Where did you find the time to take those gorgeous pics of the wildlife???? My family loves them!
    Hi ya Ken,

Brotha .... you are an entire season of legal Halibut ahead of me already. You don't need to concern yourself with rear-view mirrors when it comes to me.

I am so proud of you and for what you have accomplished in such a short time in surf fishing ... I really mean this! You have really fine tuned your skills and you have become a fishing force to be reckoned with.

In my heart I would like to catch up to your phenomenal legal Hali numbers ... but then again ... I would also like to celebrate with you in your victory at the end of the season! I'm always rooting for you Brotha!

Thank you for always being so positive and supportive to all of us!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-24-2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: SP

Smile

Brother Dan... nice job on the legal Halibut blitz.
    It's about time somebody put some pressure on Ken.
    One of these days, I'll find some time to get back out there with you guys.

WOW, 3 legals in one session?!?! That's pretty amazing. Great report sir, love the details along with all the fantastic pics of the various sea critters. Was an inspiring report indeed.
    Last edited by basshole1; 04-27-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Brother Dan... nice job on the legal Halibut blitz.
    It's about time somebody put some pressure on Ken.
    One of these days, I'll find some time to get back out there with you guys.
    I thought that I had an opportunity .... but the tides have changed once again.
    I hope that things are happening for you in a positive way Brotha Arthur.
    Ya know .... a little salt time might just be what the doctor would ordered .... please don't stay away too long .... okay?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by basshole1 View Post
    WOW, 3 legals in one session?!?! That's pretty amazing. Great report sir, love the details along with all the fantastic pics of the various sea critters. Was an inspiring report indeed.
    That was a very unusual day indeed for me and definitely not my standard.
    Heck ... I'm usually hoping and praying for any flat fish ... just like everyone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12