Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poseidon Shares Easter Sunrise Service with Ol' SWAT Guy

Default Poseidon Shares Easter Sunrise Service with Ol' SWAT Guy

First of all .... A special thanx to my SWAT Brotha's; Don aka: bachiboy and Robert aka: Murrieta Angler for their hard work, their dedication to our surf fishing sport and for the INTEL that they shared with me; which also lead me to this weekend's success! From out of the sick bed and into the multi-hook ups!

This a two day report starting with Easter Sunday and 1 legal and then followed by Saturday's Session with 3 Legals .

Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014 Session #23

Sun Rise: 0616 hrs, Sun Set: 1927 hrs
    Air: 55 - 72 deg, Water: 59 deg, Sky: AM pt cloudy to clear, Wind: 0 -6 MPH off shore then switched to on shore.
    Predicted Surf: 1 - 2 ft , Swell: 1.1 ft , Sec Intervals: 9 sec's.
    Moon Phase: Waning gibbous.
    Conditions: Early morning off shore breeze making the casts travel an additional 20 ft, out going low surf, only a few areas that allowed for clean water, lot's of eel grass and salad chopped on each retreival.
    Tides: 0600 OGT 1.2 ft, 0700 0.5 ft, 0830 LT 0.1 ft, 1000 ICT 0.6 ft, 1100 1.3 ft, 1530 HT 3.5 ft .
    Isolunar Forecast: Minor Period: 1002 hrs to 1132 hrs.
    Bait Presence: None.
    Bird Presence: None. Water Dogs: Just a weaned young seal pup basking in the sun.
    Session Duration: 0545 hrs to 1000 hrs.
    Assault Tactic: LC 110 lure.
    AO : aka: LA County Beach.

My Total fish count: (1) 12" Calico my "skunk buster", (1) 7" BSP, (1) short 14" Hali, (1) 22" Legal Hali.

A breath taking Easter Sunrise!

Landed this in the first 10 minutes

10 minutes later I beach this lil' guy

and this lil' guy

And then this added Blessing from Poseidon ..... a Legal 22"! My fourth Legal this weekend!

Added Bonus Pictures for your pleasure

And now back to my Saturday report, April 19, 2014 Session #22

My Total fish count: (1) 22 1/2 " Legal Hali and my "skunk buster", (1) 24 1/4" Legal Hali, (1) 24 3/4" Legal Hali, (1) 11" short Hali.

Thanx for checking out my fish report! NOTE: I practice and promote 100% release. All hooks were removed as the first order of business, my fish were then carefully handled or held with the Bogga-Grip ... (no tail grabs and not stepped on) and CPR'd as quickly as possible.

Remember to put your minds into free spool, to loosen your drag sets and to keep a taunt line!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-21-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: SP

Very nicely done Danimal! Glad you were able to get over there for the slayage! Keep up the legal count...you're getting close!

Don

Great job out there Danimal...... Hey ...I recognize that green slime and also those urchins!
    Beautiful pics brotha and even greater fishing. As of late I've been seeing a lot of guys putting their fingers toooooo close to the halibuts mouths. All ya need is for that critter to bite ya once and you will NEVER do that again...LOL
    I've actually been bit twice and now I always keep my fingers away from those needle sharp jaws.

Thanks for the inspiration on the sand sir and Happy Easter to YA !!

nice session good job on the legals .....

Great report, love all of the details. Nice pics as well! As for the fishing, I'd love to have a day out there like that. Glad you got to enjoy it and keep the reports coming.

Tony

Great job out there Dan. You've been putting lots of time on the sand and it's paying off in great dividends. You are on fire and thanks for keeping me up to date. I have a lot to learn from you still, not the other way around .

-Peter

Love the great pics Dan! Sounds like a great couple off days on the water! Glad to see your feeling better. Thanks for the great report and pics.

Hi Dan

another great report on another great session at the sea. This report (like all your others) gets me inspired to get out there and enjoy the ocean's bounty!!!

Awesome pictures too!!!

all the best to ya,

Nick

Good to see the pic's Dan. Another great story/report as well.

Take care my friend. Be sure to get back to the water soon.

WWO

Danimal! You are closing in on me! Now I have to watch the rear view mirror for you, Don and the Commander! As you already know, I went out there Monday and caught an Octopus.

Thanks for keeping me updated with the intel and hope to get together real soon!

Ken

P.S. Where did you find the time to take those gorgeous pics of the wildlife???? My family loves them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast