Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra In the City Tournament Results!!! AWWWWWWWEEESSSSSOMMMMEEEEE

Default Sierra In the City Tournament Results!!! AWWWWWWWEEESSSSSOMMMMEEEEE

Only one word can describe the Sierra in the City Trout event and that is simply “AWESOME!” As over 500 anglers showed up yesterday with nearly half 224 entering the contest. An amazing turnout for an event that was basically started as a project by myself and Daniela. On behalf of the staff Irvine Lake I would like to thank everyone who came out yesterday and participated in the Sierra in the City Tournament.

We would also like to thank everyone who stepped up and donated prizes for the raffle. The raffle lasted an astonishing 50 minutes as the vendors really stepped up and made this the best raffle of the year. We would like to thank Berkley, Abu Garcia, Bass Knuckles clothing (Jacob and especially Noah Allen for helping hand out raffle prizes), Diawa, Los Anglers Clothing, Team Born 2 Fish, VC Girlz Fishing buffs, Eagle Claw, Newport Landing (Marrisa Kreisant), The Longfin Tackle, H&M Landing (Rick Scott), Blue Horizon Sportfishing (Mike Meredith), Hot Spot Float Fins, Creek Company, Phenix Rods, and Ikayakfish.com/watermans depot. Thank you all of your help on this AWESOME event.

The only way I can really sum up the Sierra in the City Event is in photos. And I would like to thank Mr. Eddie Williams of Angler Brothers for his AWESOME photography work at the event.

Mini Hbar and Hbar weighing in a Rainbow Trout for the Sierra in the City Trout Tournament which featured a Kids Division as well. Every child was automatically entered into the derby for the kids with their paid admission.

Jim Perreira checks in this 3.25lb Rainbow Trout earning him 10th place in the Sierra In the City Trout Tournament.

Armando Renteria “Hitts ON” checks in this 3.35lb Yosemite red earning him 7th place in today’s tournament.

The raffle was a huge part of the Sierra in the City event. Here we are throwing out Frisbees that of which two where marked. The two lucky contestants who caught those Frisbees participated in a friendly game of Rock, Paper, and Scissors with the winner earning a Comp boat bass and the other getting a comp admission pass.

A huge crowd showed up to the raffle and all of the sponsors did not disappoint. The raffle took nearly 1hr to complete and a lot of people walked away with some great prizes.

Mr. Royal Hunter with the bite on boys.

Irvine Lake manager Daniela Gavaldon getting ready to announce the Kids Division winners in the Sierra in the City contest.

Danny Moreno checks in this 1.65lb Rainbow Trout earning him 3rd place in the Kids Division.

Samantha Richardson (center) checks in a 2.05lb Rainbow Trout earning her 2nd place in the Kids Division at the Sierra In the City Trout Tournament.

1st place goes to Kaitlyn Lemmons with a 3.15lb Rainbow Trout. Kaitlyn also received a Phenix trout rod for her win.
    I would also personally like to thank Mr. Adrian Pinter and Royal Hunter for their donations to the Kids Division. Mr. Pintor donated the Phenix Rod and Mr. Hunter donated three tackle boxes to the winners. These men did this on their own dime and did so out of the love of the sport and continuing the growth of it. So thank you to you both.

This photo says it all!!! AWESOME photo with all three kids stoked to win a trophy, tackle box and the winner getting the Phenix rod.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM! What a simply AWESOME fish for Mr. Danny Pinel of San Pedro. The 12.2lb Steelhead was caught while casting a Kastmaster from his boat. Danny quipped “I have been going out and catching Mackerel for the upcoming Catfish season. The macs have been all over that Kastmaster. When I got out on the lake I saw that Kastmaster lying there and figured I would give it a whirl. Two casts later and this beauty struck!”

Here he is again Mr. Danny Pinel of San Pedro with his huge $1545 Sierra in the City payday and a Phenix Rod donated by Mr. Adrian Pintor and Phenix Rods. Not bad for a lucky Kastmaster.

Here is your Sierra in the City top 10:

1. Danny Pinel 12.2
    2. Darren Fatone 6.45
    3.Chuck Ducot 4.30
    4. Chad Homer Jr 4.0
    5. Gayle Johnson 3.85
    6.Jay Lamori 3.55 (red)
    7. Armadno "Hitts On" Renteria
    8.Dave Shaw 3.30
    9.Jeff Frease 3.25
    10. Jim Perreira 3.25

Blind bogie winners:

Blind Bogie Winners
    Warnie Saucda
    Cam York
    DJ Perez
    Gustavo Garcia
    Jeff York
    Rich Ricardson
    Vernoica Anderson
    Micheal Melendez
    Dave Shaw
    Luigi Moreno

I saved this photo for near the end for a very special reason:

Russell Shoa has been a regular at all of our events this year and fishes with Steve Duncan and John Beaman. Some of you might recognize him as part of the “Rocking Pontoon”! Russell fished very hard this year and qualified for the Masters! Had a great time at the Masters and came to the Sierra In the City event. Russell limited out by like 9:45am and came up weigh in. Checked in his big fish and blind bogie bought a 2nd limit and went back out fishing. No more than 5minutes later the man known as FOOOSHOOOAAAA lands this 15.5 Rainbow Trout. Taking over bragging rights for big fish on the “Rocking Pontoon! Steve and John time to step your game! Like I said I saved it for a special reason and the reason is I don’t think I have seen Russell without a smile or just happy to be here. He was stoked on his catch and didn’t care that it didn’t count in the tournament. He was just happy as heck to land a Trophy and finally get his LUNKER pin.
    If you attended the event yesterday you may have heard one tagged fish was caught. The lucky angler was Mrs. Debbie Castillo. She landed tag 007 at around 8:00am. All day Debbie had to wonder did she catch the elusive Benjamin the tagged trout!?!?!

Here is Mrs. Debbie Castillo on stage accepting $100 on behalf of the board of directors of Irvine Lake for catching a tagged fish.

Simply AWESOME photo as you can see the excitement. The SEALED envelope was brought on stage and opened in front of EVERYONE in attendance.

It was NOT meant to be! As tag number 9 was showen to be Benjamin. Mrs. Castillo was a great sport saying she was happy just to catch a tagged fish and be a part of the festivities. She did not walk away empty handed as she got the $100 for just catching a tagged fish.

Last but not least our main raffle winners! Once again I would like to thank a few people for making it all possible. Diego and Scott for helping us get the Creek Company Float Tube. Mike from Waterman’s Depot/ Ikayakfish.com for the kayak and the board of directors for supporting the event.

Mike Kucura Sr wins the Creek Company 420 UL Float Tube!

And the winner of the kayak pictured with the representative from Feel Free Kayaks.

Once again a huge thank you to everyone who made this event possible and as successful as it was. I was blown away when I showed up in the early AM hours at the line waiting to get in and was doubly shocked at everyone who stayed through the raffle and the awards ceremony to show us the support. We are already looking forward to next year’s event and have some HUGE ideas we are floating around. I really can’t say enough about yesterday’s vibe and the overwhelming support! Once again on behalf of the staff of Irvine Lake, Daniela and myself thank you very much. All the hard work we put into this event and all events was definitely worth it.

Until next time,
    Tight Lines FNN

BOOM! Team 57 rockin the top 10 again! Congrats to Dan. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! WTG San Pedro Boyz!

Congrats to my buddy Hitts as well. Nicely done bro

Looks like another awesome event Jimmy. Congrats my brotha...

Hopefully next year I don't have to work

Cya all soon.

Great tournament as alway vine. Your tournaments, raffle and prizes are, " the best ". My family has tuned our catfish skills during last year and look forward to killing it this coming season. BRING ON THE CATFISH !!!!!
    Last edited by Hotbite909; 04-20-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Dano slayage! Congrats my brotha! Team 57 San Pedro Crew on top. Nice!!!!
    Big props to Hitts also. Looks like another epic Vine event.

This was my first tournament and i got seriously skunked from shore....not even a nibble.. Despite that i did win a raffle prize, i enjoyed watching everyone win their prizes and monies and it was a beautiful day at the lake. I will definitely return!

the crew did an awesome job on the event!!

Team57 getting it done...wtg Hook'um Dano and HittsOn!

Beautiful weekend at the lake for sure.

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Team57 getting it done...wtg Hook'um Dano and HittsOn!

Beautiful weekend at the lake for sure.

TD
    saw a bunch of you Team57 shurts :) would never know who is who tho ....maybe will get to know some of you the more tournaments i do. im hooked lol

Default Nice event

Hey Nice job chuck

Quote Originally Posted by reelgurlzfish View Post
    saw a bunch of you Team57 shurts :) would never know who is who tho ....maybe will get to know some of you the more tournaments i do. im hooked lol
    The tourneys are a fun time for sure, please be sure to introduce yourself next time!

TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast