Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easter Sunday session Newport Harbor

I really enjoy reading all of your reports! Keep em coming!

SP Dan <"))><

Hi Dude,

I love Halloween for checkers outside the harbor, but have much better results fishing NP harbor with other colors. Smelt is my #1 color as that is a primary food source for spotties in the harbor. I also love looking at trying to find the best looking ghost shrimp patterns I can find from other plastic manufactures. I also have had excellent days on clear with red/flake plastic. I basically throw different colors until I see what is working best, but those 3 colors I mentioned have resulted in many good outings in NP harbor. I would recommend applying some scent as well, don't glob it on as a little goes a long way...Depending on the day & tidal flow cranks & spinner baits can be deadly on spotties. I have never drop shotted Newport, but if you have some free time I would go way back on this board & look at all of Arthur's (Wingnut) posts on Newport harbor to see his drop shot rig. After looking at some of his old reports I am now looking forward to giving that a try myself.

Good luck & let us know how you do the next time out!

Kelly

If you want the best shot at spotties, switch to a T-rig. Try tossing 4" brush-hogs in green pumpkin.

3" grubs work perfectly. Pumpkinseed is a good choice.

smoke hound when we fishign ive only fished with you once 2 years ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by youngfisherman View Post
    smoke hound when we fishign ive only fished with you once 2 years ago lol
    I havent even been fishing this year, except for a few times. Been busy, but i might be hitting the harbor this coming week. I only hoof it, though, so if you fish with me, that means about.. 7+ miles of walking. :P

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I havent even been fishing this year, except for a few times. Been busy, but i might be hitting the harbor this coming week. I only hoof it, though, so if you fish with me, that means about.. 7+ miles of walking. :P
    haha im down ill take my bike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12