Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: san diego bay 4-25-14

Default san diego bay 4-25-14

Alright got out there really early like normal around 5am. wind was already blowing. I fish from the shoreline. started slow till the sun came up. then spotties were on fire. I fished till about 1pm found some cool new spots. water is tinted green. caught 29 spotties and 1 halibut. has a blast but damn the wind sucked at least the fish were chewing.. the hali was not legal didnt measure but i would say 15 inches. the spotties amazed me seamed like the bigger guys were on the chew normally i get a bunch of small one today all of them were 11 inches and up biggest being 15.5. they were hammering things I loved it. even let an old lady who stopped to talk to me. with her friend catch one she was super nice and said she has never caught a fish so I did the casting out for her and told her to reel it in. I gave her instructions on how to work it and the third time bam. she was shock when she got hit she missed him but he came back and the second time she got him.. I had the drag set loose and she had a ball fighting him in. I took some pics with her camera and she said thank you and her and her friend kept walking. about 20 mins later im looking in my backpack and see a $50 bill stuck in the pocket where the water bottle goes. I know i never put money there so my guess is one of the old ladies put it in there. when i was not paying attention. anyway if by chance they come on FNN thank you very much you too were very sweet. come fishing anytime.

all in all I had alot of fun. and watching people catch fish for the first time is always a good feeling

I will load pics in a little bit im tired lol....

Last edited by benichi; 04-25-2014 at 05:10 PM.

just a bump I added the pics

Benichi, you are to cool!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by yakfish51 View Post
    Benichi, you are to cool!

Tim

thank Tim.

LOL i didnt know i posted pics from colorado lol those are ice fishing pics, man like 5 or 6 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by benichi View Post
    ...all in all I had alot of fun. and watching people catch fish for the first time is always a good feeling
    Hi benichi

After reading how you were killing the spot ties and then you stopped and took the time to bless someone's day by helping them experience fishing (for the very first time no less) just made my day! My hat's off to you, my friend! Your a true gentlemen and were kindly rewarded. You brought honor upon us all!

Take care,

Nick

Very cool report! It's a great feeling just to get someone on a fish like that, but tip sure makes for an awesome surprise. Nice going man and congrats on a very successful session...all the way around!

Don

thanks guys it was alot of fun.

Well done sir. Harbor and shelter island?

Damnnnn , way to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
    Well done sir. Harbor and shelter island?

yes sir, when are you going to come out there with me???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast