Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Valley Lake....Tomorrow

Default Green Valley Lake....Tomorrow

So tomorrow I'm heading up to Green Valley Lake,check out the trout bit.Has anybody been up there lately?

Quote Originally Posted by troutmada View Post
    So tomorrow I'm heading up to Green Valley Lake,check out the trout bit.Has anybody been up there lately?
    Love to fish there in season, just checked and they officially open in May. Let us know how it is, I'm ready to hit it up asap.

how did u do?? i heard from a buddy of mine that lives up their that its been good fishing some days and some very quiet, i believe theirs some nice holdovers in their

Haven't fished there in 5 years. Do they still stock those big alpers? Or is it just DFW stock fish?

Quote Originally Posted by cpollacchi View Post
    Love to fish there in season, just checked and they officially open in May. Let us know how it is, I'm ready to hit it up asap.
    Yeah May 5th is the opening.I got shunk :( it is tough right now.Thank god I took my baitcaster an landed a 2lb bass on a lizard.A local guy told me no one is really catching trout right now.Give it other month an those 5lb plus start to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman951 View Post
    how did u do?? i heard from a buddy of mine that lives up their that its been good fishing some days and some very quiet, i believe theirs some nice holdovers in their
    I got shunk,It tough right now,landed a nice bass off a lizard.Next month it starts to pick up.So I will be there an ready lol

Quote Originally Posted by troutmada View Post
    Yeah May 5th is the opening.I got shunk :( it is tough right now.Thank god I took my baitcaster an landed a 2lb bass on a lizard.A local guy told me no one is really catching trout right now.Give it other month an those 5lb plus start to show up.
    Wow, May 5th? That is early for them. They usually open around the 3rd Friday of May.

how did u find out the opener is on the 5th?? i checked their web site but doesn't say anything?

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman951 View Post
    how did u find out the opener is on the 5th?? i checked their web site but doesn't say anything?
    The lady who works at the grocery store by the lake,I ask her when does the season kick off.She said the 5th of May .Was it true idk.So if you guys know the real date.Then sorry for my wrong info

I am going to be up there for sure, i been going to every opener for the past 5 years and have always caught 20+ fish every opener.
    they are supposed to stock calaveras and jess ranch trout and of course the dink State stockers.
    They have some BIG bass there though, last year i seen one around 10 pounds caught

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast