Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: This Weekend

Default This Weekend

Last minute decision to head up to the Sierras. Work and kids sports schedules have given me a chance to go up. I won't be able to get back up there till June, so I must go. If anyone has any tips right now it would be much appreciated we plan hitting the traps, pvr, and the Owens. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by pitman View Post
    Last minute decision to head up to the Sierras. Work and kids sports schedules have given me a chance to go up. I won't be able to get back up there till June, so I must go. If anyone has any tips right now it would be much appreciated we plan hitting the traps, pvr, and the Owens. Thanks...
    Hey pitman,
    I was up at PVR & the Owens around Bishop in Feb, bite seemed to be great on green or garlic PB & small panther martins. Good luck & Enjoy your trip!!!!

Day 1. Fished the Lone Pine sand trap. Pretty heavy construction going on there, they're building a new spill way gate and its pretty tore up. Managed two successfully released and decided to leave. Headed to Big Pine to another productive spot we've frequented in the past, to find no one was home. Cruised up to Toms Place for some lunch, always great food there. Did a fly by to see Crawley and ended up at PVR to finish the day out. First time at PVR, lots of fish swimming around. Finished with 8 rainbows size ranged from dink to a really nice 4#. All fish released to fight another day. Did see a very fresh wild fire tho just south of PVR and east of Bishop. Hope they can put a hurting on it tonight. Settling in at Creekside Inn then off to the bowling alley for a steak dinner. Still deciding what to do for tomorrow maybe lower Owens. Till tomorrow. Cheers...

Probably a good thing you did not get anything in Big Pine because season is still closed there till next weekend. It would have really put a damper on your trip if you ran into a warden. Only waters south of Independence and west of Hwy 395 are open besides PVR and Owens in Inyo County. Hot Creek, Upper Owens and E & W Walker are open in Mono County with special regs. I tubed PVR on friday am and caught a bunch but nothing of size. Fished Owens Fri eve and got several smallish browns and a few decent stockers on flies. Went back this morning and caught a few stockers on lures before coming home.
    I'd suggest hitting Owens BELOW (no special regs) 5 Bridges Rd and above Hwy 6 crossing....should be pretty good. Remember above 5 Bridges is special regs....good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by phishin phool; 04-19-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Good looking out I didn't know that. I was aware of the regulations bishop and north. Thanks.