Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4/16/14 on the M/V San Diego: yellowtail

Default 4/16/14 on the M/V San Diego: yellowtail

Short Report:
    43 Anglers
    Boat totals: 28
    My bag: 2 yellows
    Water conditions: Clean blue water
    Equipment:
    (yo yo)Performance tackle wrapped Phenix PHD 760X2H / Talica 12II 65# izorline brutally strong spectra to 50# blue label fluoro / Kicker 25 heavy with Owner 4x hooks
    (surface iron) Performance tackle wrapped Phenix Abyss 1009 / Shimano Jigger 2000 65# izorline Brutally strong spectra to 40# XXX izorline copolymer / Kicker 25 light with Owner 4x hooks

Long Report:
    As the usual, I went down to San Diego to ride with one of the best in fleet. Got into line and noticed myf San Pedro friends Brian and Paul in line to join me and Lester. Checked in and loaded up with another 42 passengers. And were off to the Nados. Metered around North Island for a bit then ended up heading down south to the kelp. Anchored up and instantly had a couple fish hanging. Surface iron was the hot ticket for the start. I changed up methods and hooked one on the mint/white kicker 25 light on my phenix abyss and killed it pretty quick after he made some gnarly runs. The fish werent holding tight to the kelp anymore and started venturing out so Capt. Ryan made the choice to pull anchor and run and gun these fish. While pulling anchor I threw out my yo yo and said "one more for the road" .. as I said this I hit the bottom and got smashed half way up on my retrieve. Boated my 2nd fish on a Kicker 25 heavy in mint/white before the anchor was hauled up.

Name of the game was run and gun all day. Multiple biters going on all day and steady show of fish boiling all day too. They mass was there but they weren't biting full speed. I only got two in the morning but it was fun watching my friends get em on the surface iron/yoyo/ and even bait. Capt Ryan and crew worked hard all day to keep us on fish.

Until next week.

*shakka*
    Last edited by FKNChristopH; 04-18-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Diggin on your vids ChristopH.....
    DR