Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SWAT'n Out A Late But Quick Report

Hi Dan:

Great report and fantastic pictures. I am sorry to hear of your loss. But I am glad you were able to get out there and receive some comfort in the surf. Congratulations on the big legal hallie and your PB surf perchy!!!

all the best,

Nick

Dan, nice job on schooling Lt. Bones, I did the same a couple of night ago. lol (report coming).
    Congrats on the legal Halibut and hope to run into you out there sometimes.

Dan, first off I'm sorry for your loss. It's good to see a nice report from you especially after being under the weather for so long. I'm sure the 27" Flattie and PB perch helped to ease your pain. Very nice of the photographer to snap those cool pictures and send them to you. I've missed your reports and hope to see more soon.

DANIMAL!
    howdy sir.
    Hope your doing better my friend, keep your head up, I just went through a family loss in January so I know how you feel brotha, it sucks bigtime.

Way to hit the surf in multiple AO's, you are one dedicated angler and determined to catch some fish, I love it!
    Check out the smile on Mike's face, lol....he's having a blast.
    Now that perch, is a nice frikin perch. Beautiful fish Dan! congrats on the PB.
    I'll catch you on the surf soon too ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Dan sorry to read that about a family member. Its never a good thing.

I can see by your report you haven't lost your touch in the water. 27" just beat me.... but its gonna be along summer. I say long summer because, I just booked a 3 day on the Vagabond in Sept. Can't wait.

WWO
    Thanx Bill,
    The legal Hali's have been moving in and the legal WSB are scattered all about..... they're there just for the pickin's brotha!
    Let me know how well you did on your three day voyage on the Vagabond!

Quote Originally Posted by yakfish51 View Post
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

Glad your feeling better and are getting out. Really glad your reaping the harvest.

God Bless
    Tim
    Thanx Tim,
    I appreciate all of your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Brother Dan,
    Sorry about the family loss...
    BUT, I am glad you are feeling better and able to get out...
    I was thinking of heading up your way tomorrow, PEA SOUP!?!
    I'm liking the conditions, I only hope the water is somewhat salad free...
    I could always use some company...cough-cough....hint-hint...
    Let me know Brotha,
    Robert
    <><
    Hey Roberto,
    I just started up a new contract with many contractor problems right out of the gate! I couldn't take off but truly appreciated the inviite!
    That was sure a beautiful Legal that you beached on that day! It would have been great to have hooked up with you again!
    Until the next invite!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Good times for sure Brotha Dan. It was a pleasure just hitting the sand with ya sir and yes...the good ol pacific has washed away many tears in my life but as they say....Life goes on and time heals all wounds. Only the scars always remain but as we grow older acceptance is the key.
    Now...as for the report.... Congrats on the pig BSP personal best and another nice legal halibut for the leaderboard!
    Damn...I take good pics and that pic of me definitely has an UNDERLYING STANK.....You were right...it crept up to my neck in a few minutes
    Lt Bones,
    One word ........ BEANO! Ha ha ha! I was a hoot hitting the salt with you!

Quote Originally Posted by basshole1 View Post
    My condolences. Awesome report, nice pics and what a nice array of fish. You SWAT guys got this surf fishin' down!!
    Hi ya basshole1,
    Thank you. I appreciate all of your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by fishshep View Post
    Good to see you posting again

Also gives me a chance to thank you for those waders you gave me (the ones with the boot pic in my Bay report )

I use them as my go to waders in the Bay !!! That Bay has these little Bugs that Bite ones bare legs when you

stand in the waters !!! Then you see little blood marks on your legs Only thing is, if I go in past my *** I feel water

getting in Then I get afraid something might get up my YING YANG !!!
    Hey Daniel,
    I glad that you are getting some use out of the waders. I've got nothing to say about that YING YANG of yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Hey Danimal. Again, very sorry for your loss. We both took a blow last weekend on that front but the surf does bring a little healing to a heavy heart.
    Congrats on getting number five in the books and for your PB BSP! That is a pig for sure! Looking forward to sharing some time in the sand with you again soon. Hope you get through that bug once and for all...god knows you've had that thing nagging at ya long enough.

Feel better!!!
    Don
    Hey Don,
    My condolences to you and your family also my friend. A little salt does help in the healing process. Thank you for all of your kid words.

Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post
    Dan,
    I think Bones & bachiboy are spot on, the ocean has healed many of hearts over the years. So sorry for your loss Dan, it appears your outings helped get your mind off of things for awhile and that's a very good thing.

Great report as usual my friend.

Kelly
    Thanx Kelly,
    I've always found comfort at the ocean. Your kind words are appreciated Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    great report as usual- tardy or not - thanks! Condolences to you and yours. (since the human body is composed of 80% water I consider going to the beach as returning to the mother ship.)

That croaker looks like it could swallow Pinocchio. That surf fishing sure looks fun... one day when my girls softball season's are over, I plan to give it a whack!
    Hi ya City Dad,
    Beam me up .... mother ship! Ha ha ah! Thank you for your very kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Dan:

Great report and fantastic pictures. I am sorry to hear of your loss. But I am glad you were able to get out there and receive some comfort in the surf. Congratulations on the big legal hallie and your PB surf perchy!!!

all the best,

Nick
    Hey Nick,
    Thanx for all of your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    Dan, nice job on schooling Lt. Bones, I did the same a couple of night ago. lol (report coming).
    Congrats on the legal Halibut and hope to run into you out there sometimes.
    Hi ya Lucas,
    Mike speaks kindly of your and of your fishing abilities Sir! Thanx for taking the time to check out my report!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Dan, first off I'm sorry for your loss. It's good to see a nice report from you especially after being under the weather for so long. I'm sure the 27" Flattie and PB perch helped to ease your pain. Very nice of the photographer to snap those cool pictures and send them to you. I've missed your reports and hope to see more soon.
    Hey Jason,
    The 27" Hali definitely made everything go away momentarily! See ya in the surf!

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    DANIMAL!
    howdy sir.
    Hope your doing better my friend, keep your head up, I just went through a family loss in January so I know how you feel brotha, it sucks bigtime.

Way to hit the surf in multiple AO's, you are one dedicated angler and determined to catch some fish, I love it!
    Check out the smile on Mike's face, lol....he's having a blast.
    Now that perch, is a nice frikin perch. Beautiful fish Dan! congrats on the PB.
    I'll catch you on the surf soon too ;)
    Hey Frank,
    My condolences to you and your family for your loss. It always seems to catch all of us off guard ... no matter how prepared we feel we are!
    Thanx for all of your kind words Sir!
    Let's hit the salt together soon!

Dan,

Sorry for the late responses. We have been out of town visiting relatives and so busy catching up with life this week. I am deeply sorry for your loss and at the same time, have faith that good things await. Have faith brotha!

BTW - NICE PIGGY PERCH!

Ken

Thumbs up

Beautiful Hali Brother Dan... you're creeping up the S.W.A.T. Leader Board.
    Good times fishing with Lieutenant Bones... hope to join you guys out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Dan,

Sorry for the late responses. We have been out of town visiting relatives and so busy catching up with life this week. I am deeply sorry for your loss and at the same time, have faith that good things await. Have faith brotha!

BTW - NICE PIGGY PERCH!

Ken
    Thanks Ken,
    Well ... with family issues finally put to rest .... It's not only time to move forward again but it's time to look forward to my next window of fishing opportunity.
    Let's hook up soon and share the salt for some much needed Bro time!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Beautiful Hali Brother Dan... you're creeping up the S.W.A.T. Leader Board.
    Good times fishing with Lieutenant Bones... hope to join you guys out there soon.
    Hi ya Arthur,
    I'm definitely putting in the miles between my legal catches and all of the beautiful AO's were truly worth the effort and the journey.
    I really enjoy my salt time with Brotha Mike, I feel like such a Grasshopper when we share the same beach. Nothing misses his keen eagle eyes!
    We'll be keeping an eye out for ya at the salt's edge ... Commander!
    Dan
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-30-2014 at 04:52 AM. Reason: can't spell worth a darn

sorry to hear your family loss. Im glad your feeling better and getting back out and catching some nice fish. thanks for sharing your report and pictures. I hope to get out there in june and try my hand at my first surf fishing adventure

Nice to see you getting out there Dan, and finding some clear water ! Yesterday up here was the first day in a long while the water had a healthy look to it. Just need some warmer water to show up for us northern Swaters to start hooking up . Take care ! Look forward to seeing you all sometime soon ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast