Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SWAT'n Out A Late But Quick Report

Default SWAT'n Out A Late But Quick Report

I went out Tuesday 4-8-2014, 1600 -1930 hrs for the Sundowner.

(1) 19" Hali, (1) 36" SNGF, (1) JS. no pix's.

I went out Wednesday 4-9-2014, 1630 -1940 hrs again for the Sundowner.

My fish count: (8) BSP, (1) YFC, (1) Legal at 27" and a nice sun set. My 5th legal for the 2014 season ......

I hooked up with my good buddy Lt. Bones for some first light action while hitting up two different AO's on Saturday 4-12-2014.

My fish count: (7) BSP and a PB BSP at 15 1/2", (2) YFC

Mike took this photo of me posing with my PB BSP ..... Mike, I think that you you missed your true calling Sir!

Mike and I parted ways, he headed north and I headed south checking out four more AO's on the way home.

At one of the AO's I beached (5) more BSP and called it quits. I continued southward.

And this was my last catch of the day at my last AO (1) short Hali.

A person walking by had stopped and photographed me with his zoom in the zone and e-mailed me these....

I've really enjoyed reading all of your amazing reports ... and then ... began to feel a bit lazy and guilty for not posting one myself.

My low-sodium excuse: I've been under the weather since Jan 15 (12 weeks!) with constant head and chest colds, a sinus infection that went into the roots of my teeth, 24 / 7 migraines, terrible reaction to meds, plus having a loss in the family last week. My spirit has been completely drained and seriously in need of being recharged .... I am just now getting back on my feet this week, so please excuse my tardy report. In the future I will get my reports on the site ... and hopefully on time.

Bottom line .... I am so grateful that I was still able to crawl my way down to the salt for a few healing sessions in Posiedon's salt.

Remember to put your minds in free spool, to loosen your drag sets and keep a taunt line!

Thanx for checking out my late fishing report!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-18-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Dan sorry to read that about a family member. Its never a good thing.

I can see by your report you haven't lost your touch in the water. 27" just beat me.... but its gonna be along summer. I say long summer because, I just booked a 3 day on the Vagabond in Sept. Can't wait.

WWO

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Glad your feeling better and are getting out. Really glad your reaping the harvest.

God Bless
    Tim

Brother Dan,
    Sorry about the family loss...
    BUT, I am glad you are feeling better and able to get out...
    I was thinking of heading up your way tomorrow, PEA SOUP!?!
    I'm liking the conditions, I only hope the water is somewhat salad free...
    I could always use some company...cough-cough....hint-hint...
    Let me know Brotha,
    Robert
    <><

Good times for sure Brotha Dan. It was a pleasure just hitting the sand with ya sir and yes...the good ol pacific has washed away many tears in my life but as they say....Life goes on and time heals all wounds. Only the scars always remain but as we grow older acceptance is the key.
    Now...as for the report.... Congrats on the pig BSP personal best and another nice legal halibut for the leaderboard!
    Damn...I take good pics and that pic of me definitely has an UNDERLYING STANK.....You were right...it crept up to my neck in a few minutes

My condolences. Awesome report, nice pics and what a nice array of fish. You SWAT guys got this surf fishin' down!!

Default Posting fish report

Good to see you posting again

Also gives me a chance to thank you for those waders you gave me (the ones with the boot pic in my Bay report )

I use them as my go to waders in the Bay !!! That Bay has these little Bugs that Bite ones bare legs when you

stand in the waters !!! Then you see little blood marks on your legs Only thing is, if I go in past my *** I feel water

getting in Then I get afraid something might get up my YING YANG !!!

Hey Danimal. Again, very sorry for your loss. We both took a blow last weekend on that front but the surf does bring a little healing to a heavy heart.

Congrats on getting number five in the books and for your PB BSP! That is a pig for sure! Looking forward to sharing some time in the sand with you again soon. Hope you get through that bug once and for all...god knows you've had that thing nagging at ya long enough.

Feel better!!!
    Don

Dan,
    I think Bones & bachiboy are spot on, the ocean has healed many of hearts over the years. So sorry for your loss Dan, it appears your outings helped get your mind off of things for awhile and that's a very good thing.

Great report as usual my friend.

Kelly

great report as usual- tardy or not - thanks! Condolences to you and yours. (since the human body is composed of 80% water I consider going to the beach as returning to the mother ship.)

That croaker looks like it could swallow Pinocchio. That surf fishing sure looks fun... one day when my girls softball season's are over, I plan to give it a whack!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast