Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tubing Help?

Default Tubing Help?

I am planning to dust off my float tube and give it a try at Irvine tomorrow (Friday). I haven't fished from my tube or at Irvine for years; can anybody help with any tips? Just looking to have a nice relaxing day on the water catching whatever is biting (trout, bass, panfish, whatever). Thanks for any tips.

sup bassjedi,

usually go tubing at the vine and do real well. haven't been in like a month or so but i usually kick my way up and down the buoy line in front of the west shore. like i said i haven't gone in like a month or so and the conditions have changed, but i do real well on split shot pink and white mice tails dipped in bite on garlic, and the last time I was there I heard split shot night crawlers were doing real well.

good luck out there,
    will probably be there tomorrow as well but on my boat, just got it fixed so i wanna take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by elfarolitojr03 View Post
    sup bassjedi,

usually go tubing at the vine and do real well. haven't been in like a month or so but i usually kick my way up and down the buoy line in front of the west shore. like i said i haven't gone in like a month or so and the conditions have changed, but i do real well on split shot pink and white mice tails dipped in bite on garlic, and the last time I was there I heard split shot night crawlers were doing real well.

good luck out there,
    will probably be there tomorrow as well but on my boat, just got it fixed so i wanna take it out.
    Great, thank you.

Hope to see you out there; good luck to you.

I am tubing The Vine for bass tomorrow (trout are nothing but bass food). Last month I was having 20+ fish days from a tube. Recently the numbers are down and the fish have been in deeper water. Last time out I did catch some fish in the flooded brush at the back of Boat Dock Cove near the launch ramp. Hit me up tomorrow... Red Fish Cat Deluxe.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by boomstikit View Post
    I am tubing The Vine for bass tomorrow (trout are nothing but bass food). Last month I was having 20+ fish days from a tube. Recently the numbers are down and the fish have been in deeper water. Last time out I did catch some fish in the flooded brush at the back of Boat Dock Cove near the launch ramp. Hit me up tomorrow... Red Fish Cat Deluxe.

Good luck.
    Thank you, good luck to you as well.

If it is trout you r hunting I would cover the west shore and Sierra cove. If you want bass or kitties head towards the flats.
    Hit up the tackle shop before you head out. They know best what the conditions are on a day to day basis and are more than willing to give you info!
    Good luck!

Tried for bass for a little while with no luck so switched to trout and got a limit; thanks to all and good luck.

Get the MACS if you are going for catfish!