Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVL, a Blood Moon and an Algal Bloom

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    Great day of fishing HawgZ! I've only caught a couple fish on the spinnerbaits. It was a lot of fun though. I tried throwin one for a little bit Monday for no love. Good job.
    Thank you Astrolux...

Da batteries on the Redneck Rocketship are charged and after wipin' her down I will hook her up to the tow mobile. Did ya mark the spots so we can find um tomorrow? I'll let ya take the bow if ya promise to put us on feesh. Oh and I will bring your glasses ya left behind last time, how you ben tyin' da rigs without them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Da batteries on the Redneck Rocketship are charged and after wipin' her down I will hook her up to the tow mobile. Did ya mark the spots so we can find um tomorrow? I'll let ya take the bow if ya promise to put us on feesh. Oh and I will bring your glasses ya left behind last time, how you ben tyin' da rigs without them. lol
    No marks needed. We won't even need the electronics tomorrow. Bill and I only turned em on a couple of times checking out some offshore spots. Lol, I've already been through two more pairs since I left those on your boat. I think I left my long sleeve T on the boat too...

Were you burning them fast or slow grind mid column? I can figure it out but just interested in how the LMBs were acting with the lack of clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Were you burning them fast or slow grind mid column? I can figure it out but just interested in how the LMBs were acting with the lack of clarity.
    At a 45 degree angle feather it in to the waterline and follow the bank slope just above the bottom to about 5ft deep back to the boat. They usually hit just as the bait starts to move away from the bank. Sucks that it didn't work today though, the only thing I caught on the blade today was this;

A Freaking Blade-Cat

We caught bass with t-rigs and jigs but the bite was a LOT slower today. I had a couple of hard short strikes on the blade but no hook-ups...

awwww, hes cute...would go good in my aquarium!

Thanks for the report. This helps us new guys trying to recut our teeth on Diamond Valley. I have only been fishing Saltwater ever since before the launch ramp was closed at Diamond Valley years ago. I recently decided to spend some more time fishing freshwater due to a bad back that doesn't like the offshore rides.

Going back to Diamond Valley was not like riding a bike my first two trips after years of not being on the lake....I sucked. Last time I was on Diamond Valley we were catching holdover trout trolling leadcore.

Thanks again for the report. I plan to used some of this intel tomorrow.

good job pat I love seeing mr stripey die,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    good job pat I love seeing mr stripey die,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,
    Thanks Bob, that one took me by total surprise. In all the years I've fished, that's only the second Stripey I've caught on a blade. I can't believe the blade actually survived it. Man so do I but I just don't have the techniques nor the equipment to get them when they aren't on top. My wife absolutely loves it when I bring em home to her, it can be quite rewarding lol...

I caught a 6 lber once at Havasu on a chartreuse blade. Probably the most UN-Striper color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12