Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloudy over NSD

Default Cloudy over NSD

Fished NSD for one Hallibut and 7 BSP and 2 WSP. Another day in paradise.

Fished: 8 am- 3 pm
    Surf: 1-3 ft.
    water Temp: 57-59
    Cloudy
    Water clear

I arrived about 7:30. Watched the surf as I was eating my sandwich. I started throwing the LC Minnow 110, to my shock, it was "fish on". This guy was a much better fighter than my first Hali. A great feeling seeing him appear from the surf (better than any energy drink). I moved down the beach throwing the LC for about four hours. I was trying to hit every change in the water, white water, clear then rips. I wanted to fish the North part of the beach so I headed that way. The north beach wasn't as crowded. I started catching BSP. The first was about 8-9 inches and the rest between 4-6 inches. As I moved a little further, I caught 2 Walleyed surf perch. The WSP seeded to pull a little harder.

It was a great learning day. Halibut right out of the gate was a good confidence builder. Then working the water the way that I had remembered reading about seemed to bring things together.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, thanks to all who contribute information helping the newer guys to become better anglers.

Tim

Nice assortment of fish there Tim. Seems like you're tackling the surf addiction pretty well. Keep them reports coming!

Don

What a great way to start the morning! Very nice mixed bag there! Keep at it. In fact, keep at it at the same spot. Seems like you have a potentially good honey hole there!

Skunked4life

Good job out there Tim...
    We don't get the bigger Perch down here, like they do up North, but they are still fun to pull on..
    I guess you are getting the hang of the LC action. I knew you would do well with time.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice assortment of fish there Tim. Seems like you're tackling the surf addiction pretty well. Keep them reports coming!

Don
    I was glad to catch a WSP. I'm amazed at how big their eyes are.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    What a great way to start the morning! Very nice mixed bag there! Keep at it. In fact, keep at it at the same spot. Seems like you have a potentially good honey hole there!

Skunked4life

I was very happy with my day yesterday. I feel like I'm getting to know the area.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Good job out there Tim...
    We don't get the bigger Perch down here, like they do up North, but they are still fun to pull on..
    I guess you are getting the hang of the LC action. I knew you would do well with time.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><
    I'm amazed when I see some of the perch from the north. I think I'll have to figure a way to get up their. I've traveled up the coast many time and love the coastline. I love to see the LC work in the skinny. Why do you think the lure is so successful? Color, action or both the above.

Tim

Thumbs up

Keep hitting that A.O. Tim... you're going to get that legal soon my friend.

Thanks Arthur!

Cheers!

Nice,still got your line stretched,that Hali was close,must have been a good fight!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice mix of fishies! The larger models will come rolling in for you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice,still got your line stretched,that Hali was close,must have been a good fight!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Nice mix of fishies! The larger models will come rolling in for you soon.
    I'm ready willing and able.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast