Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/14/14 Great Day

Default 4/14/14 Great Day

Had an awesome day of fishing. Weather was perfect, wind came up a couple of times but died off quickly. Ended up putting 16 in the boat. I had about 5 come off while jumpin outta the water. My buddy caught one good one at a solid 5lbs. The rest were about 2 to 3 pounds. Algae wasn't bad everywhere but we caught fish in heavy and light bloom. All fish were caught on plastics. C-rigs and dropshot were the ticket. Fished from open to close. Here's my buddy with a nice one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	43898
    On a side note, I wasn't sure if I was going to post this or not. As we were leaving the lake we noticed a strange noise coming from the trailer. So we stopped and checked it out. About 4 of the lugs on one of my boat trailer tires were loose. I've never in my life had a trailer wheel or any wheel work loose. My cars and trailers are taken care of. My boat stays in the garage unless I'm going to the lake. We drove almost 2 hours to dvl with not a single noise or vibration. And I had checked everything that morning before we left. Lights, safety chains, etc. As we got to looking at the rest of the trailer to make everything was good. I noticed one of the safety chains was removed from my truck and wrapped around the other. Almost like someone else wrapped it around the other chain so it wouldn't make noise dragging. It really seems like someone was trying to sabotage my trailer. I have no clue why this would have happened. Has anyone else ever had any trouble at DVL? I'm not trying to start an uproar, I'm just not sure what to think of it.
    Last edited by Astrolux; 04-15-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Couple of guys have had their hitch pins stolen and a couple of trailers had fenders damaged.

Not long ago i had my spare stolen off my trailer. If whoever stole it is reading this ...go f yourself, thanks.

wow wft what bum would mess with someones trailer

Nice job out there! Told you DVL wouldn't disappoint. Man that sucks dude. My buddy and I have fished this lake every week for years and nothing like this has happened to us. That flat out could have killed someone had you not noticed it and that trailer came off en route home. The only thing that's ever happened to us is my buddy has two stickers of a Bass on each side of his rear window and someone peeled one off, but not anything like that. Sadly, it's par for the course in today's world. Dude it's random and happens everywhere nowadays. I wouldn't try to read anything out of it other than just scumbag punks filled with jealousy and envy.

Glad you had a great day on the water and thanks for posting...

I'm not too worried about it. Just glad we caught it before we hopped on the freeway. It's just disappointing to think someone would do that. Oh well, it's not gonna keep me from having a good time. If the Warden approves, I think I'll be back next Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to get back on the water down there.

I always feel safer at DVL then leaving my trailer at Perris........but not now. I had a tire flattened at Perris, but nothing as of yet at DVL. Great fishing out there, buddy.

Hey, Hawg saw you out there yesterday, didn't realize it was you until I saw you hook up on a nice bass like shortly after I lunched...... I was in red n white triton.

Fortunately, I have some eyes guarding my trailer every time I am at DVL. Anyone doing anything stupid and caught will spend 6 weeks in the hospital. Just FYI for the thousands of lurkers. :-)

Oh nice fish btw. Chunky!!

had all my lugs on one trailer tire loosened or taken off up in lk arrowhead while on the lake. tire came off maybe half mile from the lake. some people got nothing better to do than screw with people I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast