Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Rip

Default Rip

No person was lost in this report. I lost a local some Ninja ponds last night and I'm broken up over it. There were two of them, a big fish pond and a numbers pond. Both with trees in the water and Tules to fish and grass beds in the Summer that put out some fun Frog fishing. It was a guaranteed producer where I have caught Bass in three feet of water in freezing weather and hot Summer nights. A place you could go that refreshed your fish catching soul and raised your spirits after so many mundane winter fishing trips. It wasn't easy to find, or get to. It was always nice there, calm in the wind and it never rained on me once in the thirty years I fished there. You could use big hooks and heavy line and the Bass just kept on whacking it. One of my friends even brought glow in the dark worms there. I was aghast but it turned out to be the coolest thing ever. As soon as the light went out. Swing! One was down to three feet deep and the other was completely drained. I'm gonna miss you Ninja ponds from heaven....

I can kind of connect to what you are talking about. A fishing nirvana.

Sorry for your loss...can't imagine going to my small watering hole and finding it empty.

Sorry for your loss. There's one spot I know of that I'm afraid to hit up for fear I'll find it's a dried pit with this drought we've been having. What happened to your spots if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    Sorry for your loss. There's one spot I know of that I'm afraid to hit up for fear I'll find it's a dried pit with this drought we've been having. What happened to your spots if you don't mind me asking?
    They were golf course lakes that survived under private ownership since I was a teen. The city took over the course and ruined the water features. Looks to me as though they just don't care as there is water all around the perimeter of the property.

Sorry for your loss,easy come,easy go!

Cya Tuna Vic

I fully sympathize. There was a ninja pond my buddy and I went to as kids. It was on private property (of course), a masonic home on the border of San Dimas/Covina near Walnut Creek on Reeder St. This pond was FULL of LMB and bluegill and we never ever got skunked. There was one specific day we gathered up our gear and headed to our trusty ninja spot. When we arrived, we saw the trees had been mowed down, all landscaping removed, pond 100% drained, and 2 tractors were in the process of filling it in. All we could do was stand there with gear in hand and wonder...HOW could they do this?...WHY would they do this?.....and cry.

Sorry for your loss bendopolo....

"Paved paradise and put up a parkin' lot. With a pink hotel, a boutique, and a swingin' hot spot...."