Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Any TIPS for a first time tuber? RECOMMENDATIONS PLZ

Default Any TIPS for a first time tuber? RECOMMENDATIONS PLZ

Hey FNN FAM, I am planning on buying my first float tube to fish in the harbors and local lakes.
    I am leaning towards the OUTCAST PROWLER, FISH CAT 4 DELUXE, or the SUPER FAT CAT.
    Im about 5'9 and weighing 180 and i would prefer getting the big tube for more room for my size but is that a bad idea?
    What are you guys tubing on right now? Whats your set up?
    Maybe we can hit the harbors one day!
    Any information and tips are gladly appreciated !

tight lines!

You can't go wrong with any of the tubes. Personally, I have a classic accessories Cumberland.

I also have a classic accessories Cumberland and I love it. It is very roomy and I am also 5"9 but weigh 220.

Hey Whats up Sonny....

im in a burnt orange FishCAT 4 Deluxe, its money!!!!! i do local lakes like Irvine, SARL, Newport Bay..need to do Laguna NIguel Lake, Huntiington Harbor and others....hopefully i see you out their!

Tony G

Thanks for the tips guys and those who pm me! I went to Sport Chalet and sat on the fishcat 4 deluxe and like it so far! Now to pull the trigger and get out there!

My next question is WHAT WADERS AND FINS DO YOU GUYS USE?

i only use waders when it is absolutely necessary! i have had force fins for the last 10+ years, they are by far the best. they are also the most expensive.

I forget which waders I have now but would highly recommend some with a zippered front. For fins I had hotspots and upgraded to force fins. Both of those are really good options.

First hand info here. Watch the wind if you ever fish Lake Crowley.....
    A lot of guys set in on the north side of the lake when its calm but when the wind picks up it's very hard to get back. Just watch the wind anywhere I guess. If you know it blows one way most everyday. then you might be able to use it to your advantage getting back to home base.

WWO

Updated, Just picked up a Prowler and just waiting for my waders to be shipped than im heading out!