Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY DAUGHTER'S FIRST PIGGY - plus video

Default MY DAUGHTER'S FIRST PIGGY - plus video

I invited Scott (Bassmeister) and Erik (Erikallen17) to join us fishing this morning (us = Alexa and Noelle). This is the start of Easter vacation and they have been asking me to take them out to the surf. So last week I reconned a new beach AO and I found a really good looking spot at low tide:

As the day arrived (today actually), Scott couldn't make it and Alexa ended up sleeping in with Mommy. So it was Noelle and I and Erik.

The goal today was to get Noelle on her first piggy perch. Nothing else. The morning was looking great, we were up well before sunrise and planned on being on the sand by gray light. Erik was a little late as he missed his wake up alarm. It didn't matter though. We met Erik at our meeting place and took off to our new AO.

However, when we arrived there it was totally filled in with sand - no more structure Oh well, so we tried anyway but it was pathetic conditions as the water was overflowing with 'salad'. We were tossing the LC and the Daiwa minnow in the hope of coaxing out the pigs. I could tell after a while though that Noelle was getting bored with taking salad off her minnow most every cast so she sat down on a rock and watched me. Uh oh, I thought, I better get her some action soon cuz I don't want her to get down on fishing. So I grabbed the carolina rig and called her over to me so she could at least experience something.

She landed two little squealing piglets and she was looking cheerful again. About this time Erik shows up as he had been working the beach with his drop shot rig and I mentioned that we haul out of there and head north to an AO that should give us something better.

As soon as we arrive at our next AO and Noelle makes her first cast she hooks a cabby but farms it when he's right at her feet - "sorry honey"
    But after some time she connects with her intended target - a piggy

It was a nice one at 15".

Here's one more piggy:

Here's a little video:

It turned out to be a fantastic day. My girl was so excited and loved hanging out with her Daddy (and "Mr. Erik") too!!!

Dads enjoy your kids (I know you do), spend time with them. Fishing is such a great way to do it. It's a gift (memory) that will stay with them forever!

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 04-14-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Default Record shattering 22" BSP!!!

Enjoyed some time with Nick and his daughter Noelle today. It was a GORGEOUS day at the beach... which for me, usually translates to crappy fishing. I threw a double dropshot that resulted in a record smashing 22" BSP . That's right... 22" of BSP, dangling on my line with the video to prove it!!!

I figured that would get your attention... yeah, I landed a double hookup! First time on multiple fish without using a Sibiki Rig. It was awesome... the 2 fish were estimated at 12" for one and 10" for the other. Truthfully, they were probably a hair bigger, but I wasn't willing to tape them out. My goal was to get them back in the water ASAP.

We threw for about 3 hours total at 2 different AO's and that was the only action I experienced. Congrats to Noelle for hooking up her PB BSP! The fishing was OK... we all removed the stripe. Noelle was the big winner with 3 fish today.
    Last edited by ErikAllen17; 04-14-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Way to go Noelle on getting your first PIGGY. Those are some very nice looking Perch.
    Sorry to hear about the lost Cabby you'll get him next time.

Congrats on your first piggy, Noelle!! The first of many I'm sure.

That is so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikAllen17 View Post
    Enjoyed some time with Nick and his daughter Noelle today. It was a GORGEOUS day at the beach... which for me, usually translates to crappy fishing. I threw a double dropshot that resulted in a record smashing 22" BSP . That's right... 22" of BSP, dangling on my line with the video to prove it!!!

I figured that would get your attention... yeah, I landed a double hookup! First time on multiple fish without using a Sibiki Rig. It was awesome... the 2 fish were estimated at 12" for one and 10" for the other. Truthfully, they were probably a hair bigger, but I wasn't willing to tape them out. My goal was to get them back in the water ASAP.

We threw for about 3 hours total at 2 different AO's and that was the only action I experienced. Congrats to Noelle for hooking up her PB BSP! The fishing was OK... we all removed the stripe. Noelle was the big winner with 3 fish today.
    Dang...you almost had me goin!! LOL nice double hookup sir.

Very cool report guys and congrats to Noelle on an awesome fish! She's definitely got the touch. Might want to keep her fingers away from those hooks though. One flop can spell disaster...I learned the hard way x3. Sounds like you all had a great day out. Way to go!

Don

Congratulations on your very first BSP of many, Noelle!!

SP Dan <"))><

Way to GO GIRL...Impressive. You are going to be a serious contender at HGVI this year for sure.

P.S.

Don't let Erik's "FOOLS" piggy back report bother you. He is DEFINATELY cheating with a sabiki rig

Geeeeze Erik.....Put up your own report instead of trying to shine under Noelle

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Geeeeze Erik.....Put up your own report instead of trying to shine under Noelle
    Wasn't trying to steal her thunder... I would never do that. Nick and I have done "joint reports" since the first day we fished together. If we're on the sand together, we write one report. Whomever writes the report first lets the other know as soon as it's done so they can reserve the spot underneath until they have the time to contribute their take on the day with photos/video.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast