Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mojave 4/12/14

Default Mojave 4/12/14

I went to Laughlin to see Rascal Flatts on Saturday and I decided to take the boat and drop it into Mojave for the day. Caught about 20 smallies. Some nice ones off of beds too. Up to 5 lbs. Sorry I didn't take any pics. Many beds abandoned though. Wind picked up around 11 am and I started tossing a spinnerbait and started wacking them immediately on main and secondary rocky points. Water temp. was 63 on the main body and up to 65.5 in the backs of coves. Beautiful and clear. Sunny skies with a high of 92 on Saturday. Concert was awesome too.

Oh...I did not see one largemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Up to 5 lbs.
    Now that's a daaaaaamn boy!

Making me wanna head up there for a weekend. How's shore access at Mohave?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Now that's a daaaaaamn boy!

Making me wanna head up there for a weekend. How's shore access at Mohave?
    Ya I caught 2 that were just barely 5 and 1 that was just shy. Females on beds and had not dropped eggs yet. Fought HARD. Shore access is not good at Mojave. I caught all of them on the Nevada side which has very little shore access...Need a boat for most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I caught all of them on the Nevada side which has very little shore access...Need a boat for most of it.
    Damn. Oh well.

I guess it's the Eastern Sierras this weekend then.