Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting morning

Default Interesting morning

So I was up early at my first spot, was beat there by a baiter. I went to the other side, got one on a lipless crank and as I was walking back I noticed multiple lines tied to the fence I clipped them then moved on to the next spot. Ended up with 4 on the day, all on the rat-l-trap type lure, but the interesting one was when I was casting out near a siphon, hooked up to a nice fish and he took me into a bunch of tumble weeds and got all tangled up. I had to reach out over the siphon and bring out a whole clump of tumbleweeds to get him undone, what a mess So I finally unhook the fish and take him down to the water and I slip and end up in the drink, gotta be more careful about getting that close to the blackline. Anybody else slip in? I knew it would happen at some point and it did scare me. Those edges are damn slick, luckily there was little current

I've been in.. I wound up down on my knees, in up too my waste. I managed to walk our on my shins and the tops of my feet. That's a trick we used to use in the marshes when I was a kid.

It took a while for me to learn not to fish with my toes in the water.

If I'm gonna fish a spot for a long time,I use one foot to scrub the moss away, because I can't seem to stay away from the water.
    Last edited by fishinone; 04-14-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg85 View Post
    So I was up early at my first spot, was beat there by a baiter. I went to the other side, got one on a lipless crank and as I was walking back I noticed multiple lines tied to the fence I clipped them then moved on to the next spot. Ended up with 4 on the day, all on the rat-l-trap type lure, but the interesting one was when I was casting out near a siphon, hooked up to a nice fish and he took me into a bunch of tumble weeds and got all tangled up. I had to reach out over the siphon and bring out a whole clump of tumbleweeds to get him undone, what a mess So I finally unhook the fish and take him down to the water and I slip and end up in the drink, gotta be more careful about getting that close to the blackline. Anybody else slip in? I knew it would happen at some point and it did scare me. Those edges are damn slick, luckily there was little current
    Nice job cuttin the lines I would have done the same thing .So far I have managed to not slip into the duct
    but I have sliped into the friant kern canal once it skered the sH#* out of me the work boots instantly become like concrete blocks . Be careful and be safe thanks for the report.

as I was walking back I noticed multiple lines tied to the fence I clipped them then moved on to the next spot
    When you say you cut the lines, you mean that you hand-lined them in, cut them, and then threw the mess into the nearest trash receptacle? Or did you just cut and let the Aqueduct's janitors take care of it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    When you say you cut the lines, you mean that you hand-lined them in, cut them, and then threw the mess into the nearest trash receptacle? Or did you just cut and let the Aqueduct's janitors take care of it for you?
    Just cut them, then laughed and laughed and laughed about the work of the aqueduct janitors.I pulled them up, and don't say take care of it for "you." Those were not my lines and I have no responsibility to clean them up. I go out there to fish, not clean up after other idiots.

Just cut them, then laughed and laughed and laughed about the work of the aqueduct janitors.I pulled them up, and don't say take care of it for "you." Those were not my lines and I have no responsibility to clean them up. I go out there to fish, not clean up after other idiots.
    So which is it? Did you retrieve the lines before cutting them? Or just cut and let them go into the 'duct?

Mrg.... don't even bother with it any further.

Heed the advise. Its a no win argueing with her

hey guys not on here much since the fresno spots have been kinda slow for me lately hence the name but yea love the slippery black moss on the bottom of the duct slipt in n like others said scared the sh*t out of me had to crawl out on the knees luckily i was right next to a ladder n had a lil help! b safe out there n hopefully its a stripey pullin u in next time lol

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Its a no win argueing with her
    You do have a point.

Once you admit to littering, and someone calls you on it, it sure is a no win situation.

Unless of course, you believe in finding trash someone left behind and your next recourse is to throw it in the water as perfectly acceptable.

Im sure as someone who fishes the duct a lot, you'd hate that course of action becoming the norm.

;)

But yes, let's move on and focus on trashing the OTHER people who are littering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Yea, let it go mrg85... It's not worth it bro.
    I'd hate to see this escalate into a caning incident.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast