Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Mead Stripers

Default Lake Mead Stripers

Anyone have any experience fishing Lake Mead in late April/early May for Stripers?
    Any suggestion re: technique----lures/bait etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by twcthfsh View Post
    anyone have any experience fishing lake mead in late april/early may for stripers?
    Any suggestion re: Technique----lures/bait etc.?
    live bait live bait live bait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twcthfsh View Post
    Anyone have any experience fishing Lake Mead in late April/early May for Stripers?
    Any suggestion re: technique----lures/bait etc.?
    I live 10 min from Mead just ask away I can tell you anything you wanna know about Mead from Hoover Dam to Echo Bay. The wife and I have done a bunch of tournaments with the Nevada Striper Club so we have for sure done our homework and am not some internet know it all like a lot of people on here.

Buddy lives there and fishes Mead often, last Friday he was out on the lake Government wash and 33 hole area.

His report to me was, live bait, live bait, live bait.

The wife and I did a Saturday night mission out on the lake. To be perfectly honest with you it was terrible. We fished 33 hole and the top of the wash as well as boulder harbor and boulder beach. The only thing we caught besides a buzz was a 12inch Gizzard shad that I netted. We tried everything even broke out the Carp ripper for nothing. Saw a Ton of people out fishing and everyone had the same thing to say. Was a complete waste of time.