Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: all bad at the pudd

Default all bad at the pudd

I did a fishing trip to puddingstone lake this past saturday (4/12), and there was nothing going on. Dept of fish and game had stocked the lake with trout on 3/23 but, my friend and I managed to get none of them, along with any bass or anything else. We used just about everything in our box; worms, powerbait, artificial lures, salmon eggs. We saw one person catch a fish, which looked like a trout from where we were at. It was overcast, pretty cool and even had a breeze. The lake is pretty dead right now. If anyone is planning to go there to fish, I wouldn't recommend it. We fished the east shore and made our way up to the wash inlet in the northeast corner of the lake.

That's really disappointing,as that used to be one of my favorite local lakes. With that said all the reports I've heard as of late resemble yours,usually right now crappie and bass alike should be showing in good numbers,I continue to wonder what happen at that lake?

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaSGR View Post
    I did a fishing trip to puddingstone lake this past saturday (4/12), and there was nothing going on. Dept of fish and game had stocked the lake with trout on 3/23 but, my friend and I managed to get none of them, along with any bass or anything else. We used just about everything in our box; worms, powerbait, artificial lures, salmon eggs. We saw one person catch a fish, which looked like a trout from where we were at. It was overcast, pretty cool and even had a breeze. The lake is pretty dead right now. If anyone is planning to go there to fish, I wouldn't recommend it. We fished the east shore and made our way up to the wash inlet in the northeast corner of the lake.
    You know the lake is bad when you go and there are only 1 or 2 boats on the lake during the spawn season...normally at least 10 to 15 guys walking shoreline but lucky if you see 5...though im not happy with murky water now...hope it still here come early summer...def. help with that bite then...about the trout...lake stocked with maybe 400 lb. of fish 3 weeks ago? Lucky you seen 1 guy with a trout.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    That's really disappointing,as that used to be one of my favorite local lakes. With that said all the reports I've heard as of late resemble yours,usually right now crappie and bass alike should be showing in good numbers,I continue to wonder what happen at that lake?

Cya Tuna Vic

I have an app on my phone and some guy caught a LMB that was 7 lbs on the third. According to what he posted, he got it using an artificial lure. Hopefully it gets better. I know on the 20th, another load of trout is suppose to be loaded into the lake

Yeah...even with that so called ''fish kill'' last year...the spawn right after was excellent for bass...there should be a number of 1lb. in the lake
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaSGR View Post
    I have an app on my phone and some guy caught a LMB that was 7 lbs on the third. According to what he posted, he got it using an artificial lure. Hopefully it gets better. I know on the 20th, another load of trout is suppose to be loaded into the lake
    I believe it,there's always a couple of nice catches at any lake occasionally,but the type of fishing I'm talking about there is,walking around the shoreline for about 3-4hrs and catching anywhere from 6-12 or more bass in a given day,those are the kind of days I remember at the Pudd!

Cya Tuna Vic

I was there a week or so ago. I managed 1 sculpin, 1 bluegill and a 6lb grass carp all on 4lb test. I fought the carp for about 15 minutes. All out of Airport cove.

It didn't help when I saw a group of "esé"
    kept two undersize largies on a stringer. I told them they should throw the fish back. Their response was finders keepers..this place sucks anyways. Think they stock the lake with more skunks and coyote than trouts.