Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Couple's 7-species Day on the Yak 4.12.14... Plus Bonus Report!

Woah that's some awesome action on the kayak! Great pics and awesome report :)

Hi Guys:

Great report. Seems like you guys have another way to make fishing as a couple fun I'm enjoying reading your kayak fishing saga. Keep em coming.

take care,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Bravo once again! I guess it helps when I'm having to steer and position the boat 90% of the time and all your having to do is reel the fish in! Yes I do credit you partially for that legal hali and it was a good thing I was the person reeling it up because you might have farmed it like like the other mystery fish. I think Poseidon had some pity and gave me a quality fish to satisfy me for the rest of the day. Can't wait for our Yak accessories to come in so we can cover new territory.
    Yes, yes, I know, steering sucks. I'm glad the controls are only in the back. Just kidding, at least I have my trusty little half paddle... just gotta learn how to use it correctly. And shut up, IT SHOOK OFF! I'm still too scared to take it in the surf. But I guess if we roll, we roll. Hopefully we don't look as dumb as those guys in the YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by IN2DEEP View Post
    Congrats on your new kayak!
    Sorry if this sounds like a bummer...
    Since nobody has mentioned it, you two should be WEARING your PDF's
    They are waaaay more effective on you, instead of in the back of your kayak
    Invest in some comfortable ones that you don't mind wearing all the time.
    From the guys that have been kayaking for a while (not me) it's not if you flip your kayak, it's when you flip your kayak and it will happen someday
    Also, have an idea what it takes to right it and get back into it
    Enjoy and be safe
    LOL thanks for the tip. Like Jason said, our *real* PFDs are on their way. And yes they're the comfortable kind. And of course, mine has flowers embroidered on it. We will definitely wear them when we venture out of the calm waters of the harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by basshole1 View Post
    What a terrific and enjoyable report. Nice variety of fish, looks like loads of fun!!
    Thanks! It was a fun day... the mixed bag kept things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by yakfish51 View Post
    Looks like a fun day on the water.

Tim
    Thanks Tim. One step closer to the surf.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Awesome job out there you two. Making it look easy......can't wait to see what happens when the fishing REALLY picks up.
    Best part is that this report is going to cause a mass exodus to the harbor so I can have some elbow room on the sand.
    Heck....maybe you two will even bump into the infamous "Spotted Fever".....LOL Where has that Steve guy been anyways?
    Hahahaha, shhhh we're creating a diversion to clear the sand for you guys. Just trying to help our S.W.A.T. brothers out. I dunno... it's been a while since we've seen the Spotted Fever.

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Great to hear that you two are back in action! Love the rod Tess...very fitting. You know I played that "I don't tie as fast as you" card for a long time with my dad. Guess he probably knew all along it was just a line. Glad Jason got some karma points out of it and scored the legal. Looking forward to many more successful reports from you guys this year!

Don
    Hey Don! I know, it's been a while. The surf wasn't producing for us lately and I don't have much patience waiting for things to heat up. So we found this kayak at the right time... it's something new for us to learn and it brings us back to the ol harbors, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Sounds like so much fun! Great job out fishing the misses, Tess. Lol. Like I said in the past, the pink rod has to stop showing up in the reports; otherwise, my wifey is gonna press me to get her one!

Oh hey, Jason, I guess you did good too. You really think that is the best place to lay a jaggedy toothed legal butt? I don't want to imagine what would happen if it started snapping away.

Skunked4life
    LOL Ken, didn't you just get yourself a new rod? Maybe you should get your wife one too.. in PINK!! And ya, that hali WAS pretty close, lol, didn't even notice. I think he just wanted it in the boat so he wouldn't lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost117 View Post
    Woah that's some awesome action on the kayak! Great pics and awesome report :)
    Thanks! It's always nice to have a good day to balance out the not-so-good days.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Guys:

Great report. Seems like you guys have another way to make fishing as a couple fun I'm enjoying reading your kayak fishing saga. Keep em coming.

take care,

Nick
    Haha thanks Nick. It's a nice change til we start hitting the surf again. "Kayak fishing saga", I like that! To be continued!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Nice job you two. That harbor has never been too kind to me in terms of numbers, and it may be because I fish with small lures. I guess it's time to supersize! lol. Enjoyed the post. Thanks! More posts I say!!!
    A 3" swimbait is our usual go-to in the harbors. Jason was targeting bigger fish but I was happy with whatever.

Hi ya Tess,

Isn't that just like newly weds ........ always looking for any excuse to spend more quality time together!

Luved your report and all of your responses .... you have me smiling.

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya Tess,

Isn't that just like newly weds ........ always looking for any excuse to spend more quality time together!

Luved your report and all of your responses .... you have me smiling.

SP Dan <"))><
    Thanks Dan! Of course, any time together is quality time. We're just lucky that both of us enjoy fishing... rather, he's just lucky that I enjoy fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by IN2DEEP View Post
    it's not if you flip your kayak, it's when you flip your kayak and it will happen someday
    x2 on this... speaking from experience.

Red face

What a fun session... so many species.
    I think I'm going to try and put together a S.W.A.T. Kayak Armada session one of these days. I think we have eight or nine members who own kayaks now.
    I'll borrow JerryG's, he's got like 4 or 5 of them.
    Soon, you two will be ready for a surf launch.
    The S.W.A.T. Couple report never fails to put a smile on my face.

What an excellent report, Tess. There are some beautiful fish in your catch. Isn't it fun just to have consistent bites all day long regardless of size? (well, almost 'regardless').

And way to score on the tandem Mirage, kiddos! (Ya know, Jason, it might even out rudder duty by having Tess do all the peddling..ha) I've got the Outback and it's the greatest fun ever..

I'll not go into too much intense detail on all the pilot errors that I hope you can avoid. (at least some).. arghh.. because I'm sure you're getting expert tutoring from other SWAT Yak Attackers. Because learning by trial and error really sucks... I know all too well.. Lots of lost gear, busted rudder pins (carry extras!), downing too much ocean (not wearing pdf), wearing cotton instead of quick dry, taking a wave with the hatch open, great humiliation, etc.,etc. hahaha... :(

The surest thing I've learned, there's no way not to look dumb when it's ***-over-teakettle time. ;)

One final thought, while I'm not the guy to organize it (don't you love that copout?) wouldn't it be a lot of laughs for the SWAT Armada to spend a day on the water together? In lieu of anything that ambitious, I'd love to pal up with you two. Laughs still guaranteed.

Peddle on!
    Sid

Sweet kayak guys, maybe I'll run into you two out there sometimes.
    I would ask Lt. Bones to get out there with me but he gets a little queazzy on the water. hahaha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast