Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S.W.A.T. Couple's 7-species Day on the Yak 4.12.14... Plus Bonus Report!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Sounds like so much fun! Great job out fishing the misses, Tess. Lol. Like I said in the past, the pink rod has to stop showing up in the reports; otherwise, my wifey is gonna press me to get her one!

Oh hey, Jason, I guess you did good too. You really think that is the best place to lay a jaggedy toothed legal butt? I don't want to imagine what would happen if it started snapping away.

Skunked4life
    Ken, I think your wife is deserving of a nice pink rod. Pawn one of your Cumara/TE setups and get it!

Wasn't thinking about my jewels at the time, but I knew I couldn't lose our yak's first legal! First of many I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    What a fun session... so many species.
    I think I'm going to try and put together a S.W.A.T. Kayak Armada session one of these days. I think we have eight or nine members who own kayaks now.
    I'll borrow JerryG's, he's got like 4 or 5 of them.
    Soon, you two will be ready for a surf launch.
    The S.W.A.T. Couple report never fails to put a smile on my face.
    Let's do it! Our PFD's are in and we are "almost" ready for a surf launch. Just need to go through a few rescue drills first LOL. Cant wait to do our surf launch with our S.W.A.T. brothas.

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    What an excellent report, Tess. There are some beautiful fish in your catch. Isn't it fun just to have consistent bites all day long regardless of size? (well, almost 'regardless').

And way to score on the tandem Mirage, kiddos! (Ya know, Jason, it might even out rudder duty by having Tess do all the peddling..ha) I've got the Outback and it's the greatest fun ever..

I'll not go into too much intense detail on all the pilot errors that I hope you can avoid. (at least some).. arghh.. because I'm sure you're getting expert tutoring from other SWAT Yak Attackers. Because learning by trial and error really sucks... I know all too well.. Lots of lost gear, busted rudder pins (carry extras!), downing too much ocean (not wearing pdf), wearing cotton instead of quick dry, taking a wave with the hatch open, great humiliation, etc.,etc. hahaha... :(

The surest thing I've learned, there's no way not to look dumb when it's ***-over-teakettle time. ;)

One final thought, while I'm not the guy to organize it (don't you love that copout?) wouldn't it be a lot of laughs for the SWAT Armada to spend a day on the water together? In lieu of anything that ambitious, I'd love to pal up with you two. Laughs still guaranteed.

Peddle on!
    Sid
    Sid, I had no idea you owned a kayak. Thanks for all the tips and we will put them all to good use. We're always learning something new every time we go out...the easiest/fastest way to load/unload the kayak, steering/positioning, dealing with the wind/drift, working as a team to land fish etc. There's so much to learn and we are saving the best for last which is of course the surf launching/landing. Let's hope the S.W.A.T. Armada gets together soon to make for some fun memories.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    Sweet kayak guys, maybe I'll run into you two out there sometimes.
    I would ask Lt. Bones to get out there with me but he gets a little queazzy on the water. hahaha
    Thanks Bigred. Tell Lt Bones to suck it up and take his Dramamine. LOL BTW nice fish.

WHATS UP GUYS! :D
    So let me get this straight, you guys bought a yak and are tearing up local harbors!?
    sounds like a plan to me. By the looks of it, you guys got the hang of it already, nailing fish after fish, look at you too lol.
    Thats a sweet fish count you guys got there, but really Tess, REALLY!? a frikin Mackerel?
    Only YOU would somehow manage to pull that out, hahaha. :P
    It looks like a blast guys, keep tearing it up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123