Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healing and Reeling Tournament report!

Default Healing and Reeling Tournament report!

Well arrived in line at about 2:30 in the morning and was surprised that there wasn't to many people yet. They let us in around 5:40 or so. Stopped by the bubble hole but had a bad feeling about the spot so we went by the pump house. I was throwing mini jigs for nada. Walked all around that side. I then decided to see what was happening in Chris pond. Saw a few guys I know that had a few so stopped there for a while by where the water flows out. Nothing for me so I kept walking. Eventually after a long time of jigging I still haven't caught anything so I decided to walk around the big lake to see what's up. 98% of the people had no fish.

So after I walk all the way around I go back to a corner in Chris pond where I saw some nice lightnings swimming. I was using a Drews custom baits cricket colored mini jig. Made a few casts and landed a nice little 1 pounder. Made just a few more casts and Boom! Hooked up to a fatty. Just starts to run and I ask some guys if they can help me net it. Well after walking up and down the shore for a good 10-15inutes I finally got it in and instantly went to weigh it in. Weighed in at 6 pounds 13 ounces! Long story short it was the biggest of the day and I won the tournament with just a 6 pounder. I was stoked. I ended up getting 800$ but bought a Phenix and a Ci4 in the silent auction for a heck of a deal.

The overall bite was just incredibly slowww. Only saw probably 25 fish caught all day. Water was just way to warm. Ended up with just 2 fish for the day but 1 of those happened to be the winner. All the staff members put on an excellent tournament. Tons of great prizes that got given away. Thanks to Wes from ProdigyFishing for making everything turn out great. Had a fun long day.

Tightlines,

KT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	43861  

Quote Originally Posted by KidTrout View Post
    Well arrived in line at about 2:30 in the morning and was surprised that there wasn't to many people yet. They let us in around 5:40 or so. Stopped by the bubble hole but had a bad feeling about the spot so we went by the pump house. I was throwing mini jigs for nada. Walked all around that side. I then decided to see what was happening in Chris pond. Saw a few guys I know that had a few so stopped there for a while by where the water flows out. Nothing for me so I kept walking. Eventually after a long time of jigging I still haven't caught anything so I decided to walk around the big lake to see what's up. 98% of the people had no fish.

So after I walk all the way around I go back to a corner in Chris pond where I saw some nice lightnings swimming. I was using a Drews custom baits cricket colored mini jig. Made a few casts and landed a nice little 1 pounder. Made just a few more casts and Boom! Hooked up to a fatty. Just starts to run and I ask some guys if they can help me net it. Well after walking up and down the shore for a good 10-15inutes I finally got it in and instantly went to weigh it in. Weighed in at 6 pounds 13 ounces! Long story short it was the biggest of the day and I won the tournament with just a 6 pounder. I was stoked. I ended up getting 800$ but bought a Phenix and a Ci4 in the silent auction for a heck of a deal.

The overall bite was just incredibly slowww. Only saw probably 25 fish caught all day. Water was just way to warm. Ended up with just 2 fish for the day but 1 of those happened to be the winner. All the staff members put on an excellent tournament. Tons of great prizes that got given away. Thanks to Wes from ProdigyFishing for making everything turn out great. Had a fun long day.

Tightlines,

KT
    Congratulations!!!!!! I knew it was going to be super slow, however I also knew it wouldn't
    take too much to win the whole thing. I did have a strategy to win but my schedule wouldn't allow to make it today. I'm soo happy a fellow FNN'ER won it all!!!!! Just my two cents, but I think the Shad have ruined that lake all season. Maybe we can get super lucky and they will drain the whole thing this summer and kill all those pesky Shad!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-12-2014 at 07:09 PM.

way to go out there it was definitely slow. I was in line by 12:45. got 1 solid bite all day and just couldn't get them to open their mouth lol, I ended up winning a couple prices on the raffle. I was trying to get at u guys ( dress customs staff) to get some product from you guys but then i couldn't find you guys lol

Nice job good little payday!

Congrats on your win! Love those 6-pounders, plenty strong and still good eating. Way to stick it out and hunt it down. Talent for sure. Those were some nice sticks in the auction, had my eye on one but someone else was more determined to win.

WTG Kid, congrats on a getting that fish on a very tough bite (no CnR? )....good meeting you and thanks for the slammin deal on the symetre!

TD

nice report bro. hey are you going to hit corona or are you going to be at Irvine?

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    WTG Kid, congrats on a getting that fish on a very tough bite (no CnR? )....good meeting you and thanks for the slammin deal on the symetre!

TD
    Nope no CNR that day haha. It was nice meeting you to man. Maybe I'll see you at the vine this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHING ALL DAY BABY View Post
    nice report bro. hey are you going to hit corona or are you going to be at Irvine?
    I'm going to try and be at irvine. The bite is definitely way better right now. Corona has been slow. Water temps are mid 60s.

yea I hear you. I might be hitting Irvine myself. Are you going to tube it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast