Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Masters Championship Results and a NEW Masters Champion is crowned!!!

Default 2014 Masters Championship Results and a NEW Masters Champion is crowned!!!

Today was the day the 65 qualifiers from this year's Masters Tournament Series where waiting for, today was the Masters Championship! Beautiful weather and a exploding bite welcomed the lucky anglers who qualified for the Masters. The fish where biting all over the lake with the West Shore, Sierra Cove and the Santiago Flats all proving to be HOT spots. Anglers where reporting catching there fish on virtually every knowen Trout technique and some not so knowen. As with all tournament finding the right fish would be the key to winning this one.

But first the results of the mini Masters tournament held the night before the Masters in the Kids Lagoon:

Mini Masters Winners:
    Miguel Del Toro 1.8 $250
    Ricardo Zepeda 1.7 $150
    Ralph Hubbs 1.6 $100

Todays 3rd place winner is Fernando Diaz with this 4.10lb Rainbow Trout. Fernadno fished every event in the Masters series and won quite a bit of Blind Bogie money this year earning him the nickname "Lucky Fernando". Lady Luck showed up once again for Fernando as he caught this 4.10lb Rainbow Trout earning him 3rd place in the Masters Tournament.

Kyle Crasanti is all smiles after landing this 11.09lb Rainbow Trout he caught while fishing the West Shore with a nightcrawler.

All the nice swag from the sponsers. Thrid place got a custom bottle of Bite On Garlic from the guys and gals over at Angler Bros, A Berkley Dough Bait rod and reel, and something special from the Board of Directors of Irvine Lake, plus side pot money. 2nd place got a Custom bottle of Bite On Garlic, a Diawa Lexa 2000 spinning reel mounted on a Diawa rod, and of course 1st place got The Master's Trophy, the Master's Jacket, A Phenix Mirage 562 trout rod, a Diawa Lexa 1500 Spinning reel, a lifetime entry into the Master's, a large chunk of the side pot money, $1,000 Cash from Irvine Lake, and a 1yr unlimited pass to Irvine Lake when tallied up worth over $10,000!!!

And with out further interruption! YOUR 2014 MASTER'S CHAMPION IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Bill Wright of the OC Doughboyz is your 2014 Masters Champion with this 15.5lb Steelhead that he caught while fishing Sierra Cove with Rainbow Garlic Powerbait! In winning the Masters Bill takes home the Masters Trophy, the Masters Jacket, the Pheix Mirage Trout Rod, the Diawa Lexa 1500 Spinning Reel, side pot money, lifetime entry into the Masters, two tickets to next years VIP day, $1,000 cash from Irvine Lake, and a one year unlimited pass into Irvine Lake! Total price package valued at over $10,000!!! Congratulations Mr Bill Wright on your victory!!!

Masters Top 10:

Masters Top 10 (side pot)
    1. Bill Wright 15.5 (Steelhead)
    2.Kyle Crasanti 11.09
    3.Fernando Diaz 4.10 (Yosemite Red)
    4.Miguel Del Toro 3.0
    5.Ricardo Zepeda 2.14
    6. Ben Hinojosa 2.11
    7.Bruce Watson 2.0 12:25
    8.Russel Shoal 2.0
    9.Art Valesquez 1.13
    10.Jason Simpson 1.11

On behalf of the Irvine Lake staff I would like to thank anyone and everyone that participated in our Master's Qualifiers this year. What a year it has been. A lot of big fish have been brought up and it was really fun tournament year! You guys are the reason this is at all possible. You make us strive to make each year bigger and better than the last and for that a HUGE thank you goes out to you guys.
    To all the Masters Qualifiers a huge thank you and congratulations goes out to you guys and gals goes out to you guys as well. You guys and gals had to endure some pretty tough competion just to get to this point. Then you had to face some of the best Trout Fisherman in Southern California at the Masters. We hope you enjoyed the 2014 Masters. From what I heard a lot of people had a great time.
    To our caterer Mr Rogelio Lozado of Roger's cafe. The food was unbelievable! I am truly amazed at how great of a chef he is. From just walking around and talking the the qualifiers they said the food was amazing. Not only did Roger donate his time but he was the chef for all the meals! He made everything from scratch for the dinner, breakfast and lunch. Also Roger was gracious enough to donate the breakfast on his dime.
    To the staff. You guys rock. From my boat dock guys Matty, Christian, Fernando, and Santiago you guys do an excellent job of getting the boats ready each and everyday, maintaing the bouy lines and making sure our customers are headed to the fish. To my maintance guys Big Rob and Little Rob who do an amazing job of getting the property looking good for our patrons. Little Rob was the mastermind behind this years Master's set up. He was unable to attend this years event due to a prior family event but a huge hand goes out to him on his set up this year. Also a BIG Congratulations goes out to him on some up and coming news that I will let him share with everyone. My security staff Jerry, Lee and Donny for keeping the lake a very safe place to be and being there for our customers. You guys have one of the toughest jobs on the lake because you get to be the bad guy sometimes. You guys are always very fair and I thank you for that. To my tackle shop crew Nick, Valerie, John, Bluefin Jim, Cole, Donna, Cole and Dylan. All of you guys do an amazing job helping out customers getting them the gear they need to be succesful on the water and getting them out there in a timely manner. Also for making the shop look so nice and clean. What a year it has been. The mechanics Johnny and Ed who got all the boats ready for the tournament and kept the fleet running great all year long. A lot of work goes into making all our vessels run great during the long season.
    To the pro team. Another amazing year in the books. Marlon, Dave, Bob, all you do on tournament day sales in the shop and for all your help with various groups throught the year! In fact today was the BIGGEST event of the year for the pro team the Izaak Walton fishing day in the Lagoon. Nothing but rave reviews for you guys! The fishing was outstanding and a lot of kids walked away with fish and a smile. I allmost forgot to include CJ, Jason and Laughing Brian. Amazing job pro team I can not thank you guys enough.
    To the Board of Directors of Irvine Lake. Thank you for supporting mine and Daniela's sometimes off the wall ideas! You guys are amazing bosses and I feel privaleged to work for such a great company.

These three girls Valerie, Daniela and CJ did an amazing job during the Masters.

Lastly to Mrs Daniela Gavaldon. The Master's is her vision of the greatest Trout tournament of the year along with all the qualifiers. It was her vision 5yrs ago I want to say and it has been a fun time. Each year everyone looks foward to this event! A lot of hard work goes into this tournament and in my book NOBODY works harder at making this event the premire event than her. She is constantly on the phone with the Board, myself and vendors getting this event to where it is. She is the women responisble for a lot of the improvments around the lake and getting them done. Both of us work a ton of hours getting all the events set up to what we feel is a good level and it means sometimes a lof of 10-14hr days. On most tournament days she is here from 4:30am until around 3:00pm when all the results are done and updates of event have commenced. A huge thank you goes out to her for all she does and it is a lot around here. She is not only my boss but she is a good friend, thank you to Daniela Gavaldon. In my opionon this was the BEST Master's Tournament we have had yet!

On that note till next time,
    Tight Lines FNN
    Jimmy
    Last edited by VineAssist; 04-13-2014 at 08:17 AM.

We were all winners in my eyes. The Irvine staff should be very proud of themselves as this season was one for the record books.
    To have the Staff that prepared and on top of there game for the big day. I will just say it really showed! First class all the way!

Big trout were showing all over the lake and fishing was great.

Hopefully next season I will be smart enough to weigh in my trout as I would have placed and walked away with some cash

Had a great time as always! Every year it keeps getting better and better.

Love the new style hat. I will be wearing it proudly as to have participated in such a great event!

Cya all out there soon!

Default Congratulations Irvine Lake!

First off, Congratulations to all of the 2014 Masters Tournament participants and to the winners! Actually everyone was a winner from what I'm hearing!

Jimmy,

I've been fishing at Irvine Lake for many years now and Irvine has always been a fishing lake I enjoy very much. The Staff is always great and helpful. I think in the past few years the events and tournaments are only getting better and more fun to participate in. That comes only from the hard work and dedication that you and Daniela put in day in and day out along with the dedication and hard work of your Staff there at the lake.
    Your post said it all Jimmy. For anything to be a success it takes great leadership who isn't afraid to come up with new ideas and do the planning it takes to make those ideas a reality and then a great Staff willing to do their part in making it happen.
    Congratulations to Daniela, Jimmy and the Irvine Lake Staff for another successful Masters event!

All I can say is wow! What a great event. To Daniela, Jimmy, and the rest of the staff that work all year long putting on these types of great tournament series for us anglers, I say Thank You very much!! You guys put in a ton of work and we appreciate it. The fishing didn't go quite how I envisioned it for me Lol, but in reality the just being at the event with all of the great staff and other participants made it truly special. The fishing was just a bonus. The staff really goes out of their way to make all of us feel special at this event. There were some great fish caught and congrats to those anglers on a great day! Congrats to the new champ and to all of the anglers. Had a great time with everyone.

Congratulations to Bubba Watson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I made the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    lol wrong masters tournament but any way congrats to him and every1 else from this tourney

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I made the same mistake.
    I am guilty of the same.

Otherwise congrats to all.

WWO

This was my first time at the masters, had a good time and like 5150 and rooster fishing didnt go as planned even though I caugh my limit and had I actually gone and weighed in the two biggest I had, I may have gone home with some money. This trout season has been my best ever, having placed third at troutfest with bobber boy placing second and then for myself placing second in Jan and third in Feb at the Vine. I just want to thank everyone at Irvine lake for some exciting moments at the lake a d hope theres more to come.

This was also my first time at the Masters in 3 years of fishing the tourneys. All I can say is WOW, what a great event and THANK YOU to all the staff, it was truly an incredible experience. I can't believe how hard these folks work at making Irvine Lake such a great place to come to, it's dedication and great people like the Vine staff and all the Masters participants that make this my go to fishing hole. It was really cool getting paired up with a total stranger and having a blast right out the gate trolling up some trout. Irvine lake sets the bar high for all the other lakes out there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast