Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Need some advice guys.

Default Need some advice guys.

My buddy and I were planning on heading to DVL on Monday. Then I found out there was gonna be a tournament this Saturday. Do you guys think it would be wise to head somewhere else like perris or silverwood. I imagine they bass get fished pretty hard. Wouldn't want to waste a trip if they are gonna be buggered up. What do you guys think?

I fish almost exclusively on Mondays. I dont think the tournament should scare you off. There is a tournament almost every weekend and i still catch em. Alabama rigs with shad colors and cranks have been good for me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    My buddy and I were planning on heading to DVL on Monday. Then I found out there was gonna be a tournament this Saturday. Do you guys think it would be wise to head somewhere else like perris or silverwood. I imagine they bass get fished pretty hard. Wouldn't want to waste a trip if they are gonna be buggered up. What do you guys think?
    never a bad time to fish the lake. tournaments or not. you'll just have to figure out what the fish want that given day and attack. high pressured days following a tournament or weekend in general usually put the bigger fish back a notch but catching fish shouldnt be an issue. lots of fish from the bank out to 45' right now. i say charge it. im going tomorrow.

We usually go Tuesdays and do just fine after Sunday tourneys. This weekends tourney I believe is Saturday. We went today with a lot of prefishing for the tourney going on and just destroyed them. The water turbidity was perfect today for reaction baits. I'm $20.00 poorer tonight due to two destroyed blade baits. I say go...

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. Looks like I don't have much to worry about. I'm fairly new to bass fishing, I just figured it would be best to wait a week or so. But the tourneys seem to be the norm down there. So I guess DVL it is. See you guys out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    Thanks a lot for the replies guys. Looks like I don't have much to worry about. I'm fairly new to bass fishing, I just figured it would be best to wait a week or so. But the tourneys seem to be the norm down there. So I guess DVL it is. See you guys out there.
    Since you are new to bass fishing. Some of the best advice I ever received was, "You never know unless you go!".... Time on the water is what will make you a better angler and those great fishing days sometimes come when you least expect it. If you can go... I always say go! There are guys like me who will be at their desk wishing they were on a boat for a "horrible" day of fishing (which don't exist BTW).

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    We usually go Tuesdays and do just fine after Sunday tourneys. This weekends tourney I believe is Saturday. We went today with a lot of prefishing for the tourney going on and just destroyed them. The water turbidity was perfect today for reaction baits. I'm $20.00 poorer tonight due to two destroyed blade baits. I say go...
    Me and a friend who have never been to DVL,decided to try Sat morn and had a very good day! The line to get in went quickly,our dry boat went thru inspection with no hassle and the launch ramp was in full motion and plenty of room for everyone.I pulled 6 with my favorite Fast baits and my bud pulled 4 and lost two wormin in 11-14 feet of water.Even with the tourney going on there was plenty of room to work and when we did drift close to some folks they were very nice and also on the fish.The morning of coarse was better but the guy on front grabbed his last two in the afternoon.All in all a very good day and great people all around!!!