Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to FNN

Default New to FNN

I have been following FNN for some time but I had a hard time logging in. Finally figured it out. A little about me, born in bako always been a avid fisherman moved to Seattle Washington for about 10 years got into river fishing for steelhead and salmon. I was at the river every day that I could. Spent most of my time there. Was going to b a fishing guide but my job just didn't allow me to do that. Me and the fam had to move back due to being laied off too many times "BOEING".fished the duct when I was younger here's how that went, bait hooks, cast out, set pole in holder, drink beer and more beer, real in, go home. Never really never caught anything but a buzz. Now the wife and I started out bait fishing catching a few here and there. One day we were soaking our bait when this guy walked up and we started talking, he gave us each something and said try this "Fluke". We fished for about an hour together and we all caught fish (mostly him). It was great, he really gave us some information that helped us to catch a lot more fish. We just want to say thank you CUTBAIT that was so cool would like to fish with u again u will see a huge improvement. Yesterday we were at one of our favorite spots catching fish when I noticed someone walked up and started talking to my wife for a bit and then came over and talked to me. Look familiar to me, we got talking topwater. Before u know it he says I have something I want u to have. Walked to his truck and he handed me a topwater. I was so thankfull. He even showed us how it works. Really cool dude would really like to fish with him sometime soon. His name was "Fishingwithdave". Thanks again CUTBAIT and fishingwithdavedave see ya out there soon. Caught 8 all over. 20" that morning

If anyone could tell me how to add a pic to my profile that would b great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelheadsteve View Post
    I have been following FNN for some time but I had a hard time logging in. Finally figured it out. A little about me, born in bako always been a avid fisherman moved to Seattle Washington for about 10 years got into river fishing for steelhead and salmon. I was at the river every day that I could. Spent most of my time there. Was going to b a fishing guide but my job just didn't allow me to do that. Me and the fam had to move back due to being laied off too many times "BOEING".fished the duct when I was younger here's how that went, bait hooks, cast out, set pole in holder, drink beer and more beer, real in, go home. Never really never caught anything but a buzz. Now the wife and I started out bait fishing catching a few here and there. One day we were soaking our bait when this guy walked up and we started talking, he gave us each something and said try this "Fluke". We fished for about an hour together and we all caught fish (mostly him). It was great, he really gave us some information that helped us to catch a lot more fish. We just want to say thank you CUTBAIT that was so cool would like to fish with u again u will see a huge improvement. Yesterday we were at one of our favorite spots catching fish when I noticed someone walked up and started talking to my wife for a bit and then came over and talked to me. Look familiar to me, we got talking topwater. Before u know it he says I have something I want u to have. Walked to his truck and he handed me a topwater. I was so thankfull. He even showed us how it works. Really cool dude would really like to fish with him sometime soon. His name was "Fishingwithdave". Thanks again CUTBAIT and fishingwithdavedave see ya out there soon. Caught 8 all over. 20" that morning
    That right there is what it's all about.
    I don't want to get off track... But, can't help but think of a recent post that the "duct guys" are a clique that keep to themselves, and don't provide any useful information. HA !!!

Good on you CB & Dave.
    Welcome aboard Steve.

Right on... glad your still fishing.. been awhile!

Watch out for that fishingwithdave guy. He is borderline he/she

I was thinking there was something different about him but it was more along the line of a beer drinker!! Thanks CB

welcome shsteeve,,,those 2 are great guys,,,,,,,,and congrats on the feesh

I gotta give my bro TB credit here.

He taught me through his actions over the years to be very generous with tackle to the striper beginners. I've seen the look in peoples eyes when I've seen Trailblazer hand guys on skunks lures that work. Its really a neat thing to see and he and I even carry a dozen or so lures in our Tackleboxes for the sole purpose to hand to people at the duct

One instance, was DK! We met him at Pyramid for the first time and he called us Bawko Boys.. He had kastmasters, pencil poppers and flukes.... from a vid he saw of TB... TB pulled out a 30-40 dollar U Rig and gave it to him, Mind you TB only had three that day.... Needless to say DK did well that day and was very grateful.

That's just one of the times.. I try and duplicate the big guy when I can
    Last edited by cutbait; 04-11-2014 at 08:21 PM.

I met catchbait out on the water, helped me out big time with some tips and techniques. Got my first tw fish today because of what he showed me

Quote Originally Posted by mrg85 View Post
    I met catchbait out on the water, helped me out big time with some tips and techniques. Got my first tw fish today because of what he showed me
    He came a long way in a very short time on TW fishing. Just past December we were on boils at Pyramid and I was yelling at him not to set the hook on every boil and Trailblazer was calling him stupid from across the cove on another boat.

Now he's pretty good, {except the windless day birdnests}

I was just wondering if anyone has a answer for this. Before we met Dave the weirdest thing happened, as I'm realing in just as my lure is coming out of the water the fish really wanted it. So I just tossed it right in frount of me and made it splash around on and the blam!!!!! As soon as I have hook up there was no fight at all I mean the fish would just lay on the top of the water like he was tired out from a long fight but there was no fight at all !!! Never seen this before with any fish!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast