Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Goal Reached 4-11-14

Default Another Goal Reached 4-11-14

Well I finally got off before midnight last night so I was able to go home and get some quality sleep and therefore be up nice and early to hit the duct. It was about 5:50am when I got there (planned on being earlier but couldn't drag out of bed at 4 like I planned) and only one of the gates was just trickling. I started out casting a reddish brown tube, and landed a16 incher on the second cast. (No pic, sry.) They stopped hitting the tube so I did some exploring for a minute.

Whole lot of moss on the other side, I dared not cast a jerk or a TW into it... at first anyway lol. Any who, yielded nada. Onward.

I walked way down and saw a bunch of small stripers feeding on the top, not blowing up, but just barely scratching the surface. I tried to get a video but the glare off the water was too bad.

Saw this poor guy. Wonder what his story was.

So then I went back up and stopped messing around and worked that gate. Its worth mention that I hit dicks sporting goods for line last night, and walked away with more than line, naturally. Gary yamamoto makes TW lures now and I had to give it a shot, 3rd cast And I LANDED MY FIRST EVER TW STRIPER! Hence the goal ;-)
    Little bit of time went by and I tied on a new Sammy that I just bought also, and right as I noticed a visitor coming over the hill asking me if I had caught anything yet, i hooked my second TW striper, perfect timing I got a witness lol. Turns out the visitor is on FNN, he wished to remain anonymous so I won't say any names hah. I tied on the 128 for 20 mins or so then back to work. No legals but hey, was a great day.

Congrats on the topwater fish.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBasser View Post

Saw this poor guy. Wonder what his story was.

There are a couple experts on this site that might help you out on this question. One goes by Joe and the other is MRG.

They can look at this pic and figure things out pretty well. I suggest you contact them. Pretty good problem solvers

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    There are a couple experts on this site that might help you out on this question. One goes by Joe and the other is MRG.

They can look at this pic and figure things out pretty well. I suggest you contact them. Pretty good problem solvers
    LMAO... Its a thing now.

Good meeting ya!

Good meeting ya!
    Haha what happened to being sneaky lol. It was nice to meet you too CB. You must have brought good juju with you when you came over that hill, I hooked that fish at that exact moment hah. Thx for the advice too, I had a couple chasers after you left but no committers.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBasser View Post
    Haha what happened to being sneaky lol. It was nice to meet you too CB. You must have brought good juju with you when you came over that hill, I hooked that fish at that exact moment hah. Thx for the advice too, I had a couple chasers after you left but no committers.
    you mean he didn't stalk you and take pictures of your license plate like he did to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Congrats on the topwater fish.
    Thanks Double A I was sooooo freakin stoked, I still am lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    you mean he didn't stalk you and take pictures of your license plate like he did to me?
    Lol hope not, that was my work truck heh.
    Last edited by LuckyBasser; 04-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Still laughing, brutal but lmfao .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast