Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your not going to believe it, frankly I don't care if you do. {not to mention names}

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I googled brown trout and California delta, we all know what's in the delta is only a pump away from the duct.

Well sea-run brown trout was a species in the delta. And I will be dayumed if this isn't the EXACT fish we saw this evening

EXACT

well that's a brook trout.......

My son and I saw a Brown trout swimming less than 4 feet from our feet today in the aqueduct
    Wow, so this is what you saw in the aqueduct?

Last edited by mrg85; 04-11-2014 at 07:46 AM.

My son and I saw a Brown trout swimming less than 4 feet from our feet today in the aqueduct
    I find it HIGHLY unlikely, but not impossible I suppose. Big browns survive in hot waters on the lower lower owens. Cool find

Alright, I will admit I myself did not believe. But I talked to Joe Contaldi ( Matuka Joe, owner/guide of performance anglers in Mammoth Lakes, professional flyfisherman) and he said it is possible. His exact words "Ya it's possible. The brown trout can handle warm Temps alot warmer than rainbows they require less dissolved oxygen than rainbows."

So, now I 100% believe

Like I said... Don't care if you believe me or not.

Glad your onboard now you've talked with Joe! It comforts me knowing you believe at least one guy

Like I said... Don't care if you believe me or not.

Glad your onboard now you've talked with Joe! It comforts me knowing you believe at least one guy
    I'm not concerned with comforting you. Joe's an actual expert, you posted a picture of a brook trout

As long as you and Joe are happy, I'm happy!...

Thanks for all the research for me

As long as you and Joe are happy, I'm happy!...

Thanks for all the research for me
    I'd be happy too if I saw the first ever brook trout in the duct

Was it a brook? Was it a brown? I dunno. But it looked like that pic exactly.

Glad duct trout expert Joe straightened me out on this one.

Thanks again MRg

Was it a brook? Was it a brown? I dunno. But it looked like that pic exactly.

Glad duct trout expert Joe straightened me out on this one.

Thanks again MRg
    Lol. You're welcome. And that goes for everybody on this forum, you ever see a trout or mermaid or dolphin in the duct, contact me and duct trout expert joe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast