Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Lake Skinner record "Bluegill"...

Default New Lake Skinner record "Bluegill"...

…is not a Bluegill at all, but is a Redear Sunfish! But still, at 3.69 pounds, it's a great catch. Guy caught it fishing for bass with a Senko. Going to have to put up the guy's name. Anyone know it?

I was going to comment that is was a Redear before reading your second post. Beaut of a fish. Was it released?

The email he sent me said it was 3.59 and 15". The picture had his little girls in it, so I had no intention of posting it. I told him at the time that it was a redear. With the quagga population in Skinner, we will likely see some larger ones. I sent the information to the Skinner moderator some time ago, but never got a response.
    Last edited by Fishbreath; 04-11-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Hey guys, my name is Jonathan. Yes I released the fish after weighing it at the dock. It was great to have my girls w/ me to be part of this new record. Larry please post the other pic w/ my girls here as well. Thanks
    Last edited by ChaChaChicken; 04-16-2014 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Spellign

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChaChicken View Post
    Hey guys, my name is Jonathan. Yes I released the fish after weighing it at the dock. It was great to have my girls w/ me to be part of this new record. Larry please post the other pic w/ my girls here as well. Thanks
    >
    Last edited by Fishbreath; 05-21-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Great pic with you and your girls with a catch they will remember for "LIFE". Priceless event with many more to come I am sure of.

Now that is a pic worthy of framing.

It doesn't quite look like a Redear to me, either. Perhaps it's a Bluegill/Redear hybrid. I used to catch Bluegills in Skinner a long time ago, but never any Redears. They should be in there, though. Same thing with Silverwood Lake. It should have Redears but I have yet to see one there.

Wow that's quite a catch,awesome pic with your girls,congrats!

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast