Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Wicked Algae bloom.

Default Wicked Algae bloom.

I went to DVL this morning and the algae is so thick in the launch ramp it's unreal. I caught a few bass but my reel kept clogging up as well as the guides on my rod. Do not use rods with micro guides because they will plug up tight with algae.

thanks for the heads up. Figured it might get bad with temp reaching the 90's

At least with that and the wind, it'll buy the bass some time to spawn without being spotted and ripped off the bed.

Brent

Thanks for the heads up prankster we're going Friday. I hear there's a tourney this weekend so between all the pre-fishing and algae perhaps we'll head to Perris instead. But then again, that algae can work in your favor when throwing reaction baits and the pre-fish guys usually bail by noon.

Anybody go out today? If so, how's the algae looking?
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 04-10-2014 at 06:49 PM.

I went yesterday as well and I couldn't believe the water temp. Some parts said 67 and other parts were low 70's. My co-worker caught a nice 7 lb trout on D/S. The rest of our fish caught were LMB. The staff on the dock said they stocked trout the day before. Algae was thick and weather was hot. I didn't see any stripers on the dock or parking lot after the day.