Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: san clemente pier 4-5

Default san clemente pier 4-5

Went back to the pier. Tides were not favorable, flat and low. wind wasn't as bad as last weekend though. I worked the shallow end of the pier between the breakers and the "T" in the middle. I was getting lots of bites from queen fish, some of which were quite large. 14" was the biggest on I caught. After I was tired of catching bait I started casting out away from the pier to some rocks I know are out there and caught this guy.

Not a bad day but not a great one either. still good to get out there and get away from Mon.-Fri.

Kinda flat tides last couple days. Thanks for the post.
    DR

Hey it was really great meeting you that day. Thanks for ALL the tips and guidance you've given me, it's definately invaluable. I'm going to try my best this year to catch my first flatty!

Not a bad follow up to the last one eh? Like I said before, I haven't seen too many pier halibut being caught (or reported) so you are in a league of your own. We need more pier reports! Keep 'em coming!

Skunked4life

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    Went back to the pier. Tides were not favorable, flat and low. wind wasn't as bad as last weekend though. I worked the shallow end of the pier between the breakers and the "T" in the middle. I was getting lots of bites from queen fish, some of which were quite large. 14" was the biggest on I caught. After I was tired of catching bait I started casting out away from the pier to some rocks I know are out there and caught this guy.

Not a bad day but not a great one either. still good to get out there and get away from Mon.-Fri.
    Glad you were catching and glad you had some time to decompress.

Tim