Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Got paid off with a shorty

Default Got paid off with a shorty

Time- 3:30pm to 6:30 pm
    Location- not so private
    Lures- crack and LC flash minnow 110

Started at the local spot throwing the LC for about 30 minutes for nothing. Switched over to crack and muscled in about 10 surf perch. Brother in law gerbs just wasn't having his day. Moved locations to a new spot where the beach and conditions looked great. Threw the LC for about 30 minutes before walking down the beach. Cast to the edge of the sandbar about 100 feet in front of me when I get a hit. Set the hook and just felt like seaweed. To my suprise this little guy was on the end. First surf halibut from the surf. No time to measure wanted to get the little guy back home. Looked about 12-14 in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	43827  

Congrats on your first surf hali. There have been many times I thought I was snagged on "seaweed". LOL Keep slinging that LC and a legal will find it soon.

Good job, great job on the fast release. It doesn't matter if it 12" or 20".
    A quick release is a good thing.
    DR

Cant wait to hit the surf with my first LC!

Thumbs up

Congrats on your first surf Halibut... now go out and get a legal one.

Ah, your first halibut fro the surf. You should never forget that moment! I remember mine like it was yesterday. Good job and keep at it. Where there is one, there are others!

Skunked4life

Congratulations on your Halibut. I know that feeling, it's a good one.

Tim