Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At what stage are the LMB ?

ouch..........

Quote Originally Posted by lobinero View Post
    On my recent outing to DVL 4/5/14 water temp was 61 and warm up to 63/65 depending were you at. It was cold in the morning and post frontal after last week's system (showers). There is a growing algae bloom which makes sight fishing harder to do. We caught some fish early and it slowed down considerably without a breeze and flat water. Fish At DVL like some ripples. It did pick up a little in the afternoon. The bite was less productive than the last two weeks. I even caught a bass that was suffering from plastic poisoning. This poor fellow had roe although you could feel a huge abdominal cavity and I thought she was done spawning. She was also skinny for her size and had like sores in her mouth. She spitted 4 plastic worms, had a magnum lizard still and when I cleaned her, still had 4 more senkos in her gut. She had a plastic addiction!

My questions for the knowledgeable ones, At what stage are the LMB at DVL? Is the spawn mid ways, or are are we in the last wave? Visibility does not help and I know many spawn deep, but I don't see a huge amount of shallow beds like in past years.
    I guess what I love most about california most is the unorthodoxed means in which some of its' residence try to educate the ignorant to their destuctive ways! In this CASE it's a local wildlife biologist explaining to the ignorant and selfish masses that the destructive manner in which thousands of idiots are abusing their local resource is in fact the demise and ultimate extiction of a fishery! Since the fish moved up into the shallows I have seen mega masses pounce on top of them and litterly beat spawning fish to death! Sinko hooks comming out of fishes asses, fish spitting out sinkos, and even giant abnormalities bulging out the side of fish, etc etc etc! WHY? Is it soooooo important to tell your buddies how awsome you are that, by the most destrutive methods to the health of a fishery,that I caught 15 fish today? Is the general public really that LAME? The answer is obviously YES they are! Pretty sad when you wake up in the morning, open the kictchen blinds see a giant green grassy field with the sillouete of the EAST DAM and say to yourself that it isn't even worth the FIVE minute drive and THREE dollars to go fish! Doesn't matter what is said on this FORUM or any other fishing website , obviously a false since of self worth is far more important than the protection of a valiable resorce ..................SO BE IT GUYS.............Arm yourselfs with those graphs, sinkos, and bed Jigs, and DESTROY as much resource as you all can! YEA!!!!!!

Wow, I glanced over the OP and I missed the part where you claimed to have "cleaned" a spawning fish when I first posted. Dude that sucks! And is quite typical of today's "you tube" and "twitter" it's all about me and glory society. I remember you from other threads where you were already informed about the damaged fishery that DVL is and yet here you are boasting about killing a bedfish WITH ROE STILL IN HER. THAT SUCKS!

As for the plastics in the fish's gut? It is the reason I stopped using Senkos long ago as it's just too easy for those things to come off a hook. I only use t-rigged creature baits or jigs that rarely does the bait come off the hook. The reason you see so many plastic baits in a fish's belly should be telling of the lack of live forage for the LMB's and SMB's to eat. And right now with spawn in full swing, I use reaction baits or fish where I have the least chance of sticking a bedfish. Sure, I might accidentally catch one off a bed that I didn't know was there, but I always practice catch, revival and release.

Dude, why don't you target Stripey instead???? It tastes better and does a great service in removing a nuisance and invasive apex predator that is one of the biggest destroyers of the DVL fishery's diversity. Or maybe it's too hard for you...

people have said this before but there is an easy fix to the pressure our girls face during the spawn...bouy off a cove or three ! there is no way to stop the spawn savages that come out for a month or two of the year to chase fish other then that..people will be people no matter what they are told. sad but true!

In my wildest dream I thought my thread was going to go viral. Originally to inquire the stage of LMB in DVL, maybe I was trying to open a productive discussion and educate other fishermen. Just like Matt does regularly. sharing information to become better at what we love the most.

I guess my mistake was to mention that I KEPT FISH. WOW! is that the most horrible mortal sin in this site ! Well let me add that the fish I cleaned had a large cavity. It honestly felt as a spawned out bass. Only when I filleted the fish, I noticed that it had roe. Yes I felt sorry, but nothing I could do then. Yes lady quagga, those fish nuggets really tasted good.

I practice catch and release 99% of the time. I abide by lake and state laws. If I feel I want to eat fish , I do take home. DFG biologists kill fish for different reasons. When you see what they are eating, you learn about the fishery. Does match the hatch sounds familiar?

If I would know how to fish for stripeys, I would!

Once again a few hypocrites chime in with their ignorant hypocritical rhetoric. Like they have never killed or eaten fish! Chastising me because I kept fish. I don't need to be educated on how to fish for LMB. Noleash, your sarcastic comments are worthless and deserves the upmost disdain by every fishermen in this site. If anyone is so protective of DVL fishery, don't fish during the winter, stay home during the spawn or take golfing instead. EVERY TIME YOU HOOK A FISH, YOU RISK INJURY!

No wonder why this site continues to loose writer...

In my wildest dream I thought my thread was going to go viral. Originally to inquire the stage of LMB in DVL, maybe I was trying to open a productive discussion and educate other fishermen. Just like Matt does regularly. sharing information to become better at what we love the most.

I guess my mistake was to mention that I KEPT FISH. WOW! is that the most horrible mortal sin in this site ! Well let me add that the fish I cleaned had a large cavity. It honestly felt as a spawned out bass. Only when I filleted the fish, I noticed that it had roe. Yes I felt sorry, but nothing I could do then. Yes lady quagga, those fish nuggets really tasted good.

I practice catch and release 99% of the time. I abide by lake and state laws. If I feel I want to eat fish , I do take home. DFG biologists kill fish for different reasons. When you see what they are eating, you learn about the fishery. Does match the hatch sounds familiar?

Once again a few hypocrites chime in with their ignorant hypocritical rhetoric. Like they have never killed or eaten fish! Chastising me because I kept fish. I don't need to be educated on how to fish for LMB. Noleash, your sarcastic comments are worthless and deserves the upmost disdain by every fishermen in this site. If anyone is so protective of DVL fishery, don't fish during the winter, stay home during the spawn or take golfing instead. EVERY TIME YOU HOOK A FISH, YOU RISK INJURY!

Obviosly your ignorance superseeds your understanding of my commits! Actually I was stoked that someone took the time to open a fish up and expose the daily traggedy being put upon this lake! Any comments put forth on this or any SO Cal website to try and change the way people destroy their local resources is in vain! My view of your post was one of a local biologist trying to educate the general public on the urgency in their actions during the most critical cycle of a lake general health! You catching a few to take home and eat is the least of my worries! My issue is with the mega masses stuffing sinkos down Basses throats then leaving behind Poisened fish for someone such as yourself to eat! Those baits you found in that fishes stomach do contain LEAD and I sincerly hope you didn't feed it to your wife or children! Sorry for the missunderstanding of what I said and again I am super stoked someone opened one up and exposed a REAL PROBLEM! Crim Fighter You!

Obviosly your ignorance superseeds your understanding of my commits! Actually I was stoked that someone took the time to open a fish up and expose the daily traggedy being put upon this lake! Any comments put forth on this or any SO Cal website to try and change the way people destroy their local resources is in vain! My view of your post was one of a local biologist trying to educate the general public on the urgency in their actions during the most critical cycle of a lake general health! You catching a few to take home and eat is the least of my worries! My issue is with the mega masses stuffing sinkos down Basses throats then leaving behind Poisened fish for someone such as yourself to eat! Those baits you found in that fishes stomach do contain LEAD and I sincerly hope you didn't feed it to your wife or children! Sorry for the missunderstanding of what I said and again I am super stoked someone opened one up and exposed a REAL PROBLEM! Crim Fighter You!

Noleash:
    I really doubt the mega masses purposely shove plastics down a bass throat just to hurt other. Common man, who is the ignorant here!

Noleash:
    I really doubt the mega masses purposely shove plastics down a bass throat just to hurt other. Common man, who is the ignorant here!
    Well lets see?
    A: Have you spent any time living in any other state such as Utah,Idaho Colorado Montana or anywhere that protects its' outdoor resources? B: Are you a repete season pass holder to this particular lake and fish it 12 months a year and witness first hand what activites go unchecked here? C: Do you even know the definition of IGNORANCE? D: Do you live anywhere near this resource and either see it out your kictchen window every morning or drive past it everyday? E: Would you even consider moving to Utah , Idaho or montana for a few years to PROPERLY EDUCATE yourself about responsible stuwardship of your outdoor resources? The list goes on and on and if your ignorant foolish pride won"t accept my apology for the misunderstanding then maybe it's actually people like YOU why others don"t post here. Crime Fighter You!:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast