Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Pyramid Lake, NV 4/3- 4/5 (Video)

Default Pyramid Lake, NV 4/3- 4/5 (Video)

It was a few years in the making, like 3 1/2, either i got deployed or was underway or work/family something always came up when trying to make it up to Pyramid Lake and go after some Cutthroat Trout. This year seemed like the year the ladder was ready, got my new IMX in on time and thank god everything fell into place. We left at 0130 and made it up on Thursday by 2pm and were checked into the hotel. I met a friend of a friend at the Fred Hall Show while working in San Diego, he hooked us up with a one-on-one with the manager at the Mark Fore and Strike tackle shop on 490 Kietzke LN, Reno NV 89502. I suggest anyone going for the first time stop off and visit this shop, its a wealth of knowledge and they put us on the hot spoons, baits and the right locations that helped us save tons of time and got us on fish. People where there all week and were skunked the fish are real particular on the baits they want. People fishing Pelican beach which is suppose to be hot were not doing so great. We fished the North and South Nets mostly, Popcorn beach is another great beach but we never made it there. If you have a 4X4 its better lots of soft sand on some of the beaches and you'll need it. I fished 4 and 8 pound line on my CI4+ 2500's on a 8'8" IMX Steelhead Rod, the ladder I got at Lowes for like $50 I put an extra rod holder I had for my Kayak on it, that helped a lot. We all had insulated waders you deff need those or you will be miserable especially with cold weather socks. i got some from Bass Pro that are meant for hunters who walk in the snow and they were worth every penny. Gloves are a must and you'll need some warm headgear and sunglasses. I fished Trout King Mini Jigs and Barbless Owner Jig heads. I took my Dremel Tool with me and took of the barbs all the way the wardens were out and checking. Well thats pretty much it, if you make it out there you won't be disappointed its fishing so you'll make a lot of casts I fan casted all day and it worked out well for me and my friends. Take care and have a great week. Oh one last thing the fishing permit is a MUST you can get it at the tackle shop it was only $24 for 3 days what a deal

Last edited by Prowler_Tuber; 04-07-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks for the video. That's interesting stuff. I'm always curious about fishing from a step ladder. That must work in other places.

Looks like quite the fishing adventure, sweet that you made it out after so many postponments....wtg Diego!

TD

Great fishing !! in the middle of the lake slaying!!

Awesome!!! I need to go there. I saw a float tube did you try tubing it? Do you think it would work going in a Kayak? Really nice fish

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    Awesome!!! I need to go there. I saw a float tube did you try tubing it? Do you think it would work going in a Kayak? Really nice fish
    We tubed it, but it was a shore bite, a kayak may work but you'll have to watch the weather tight because the winds pick up quick and it would not be safe at all once they start going.

Very cool Diego! Congrats on finally making this trip happen. This is on my bucket list also. Looks very cold! Lol
    Thanks for another great report and video!

Yeah Dan it was really cold, the water froze your hands.