Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL Report - 4/6

Default DVL Report - 4/6

First time out to DVL today. Always wanted to fish this place and never had a chance or whatnot.

Anyways, rented the premium bass boat with my friend. We hit the southside as they suggested that was the place. We fished there for an hour or so but our fish finder wasn't working. We returned to the dock, got a new boat and hit the coves right outside the marina. We got no love there.

I remembered the post that was a made a few days ago, maybe Matt was his name? Anyways, I started looking for areas he was talking about ,followed up with Marino's recent post. My buddy and I started getting bit. Our bite started mid day and lasted till about 4. The wind was mild with a couple of bursts.

We had a great time. We got 3 fish , had about 4 bites and lost 2 proper fish. We were fishing 4 and 6 lb and the fish went right into the sticks and that was that. Both had a little size. Fish were caught on IKA's and Roboworms.

Great first time out.

FYI, not bitching, however, kinda of a dick move by the Marina staff with the boat props. Don;t try and hustle 15 dollar damage fees. If the props aren't damaged as in broken, don't try and charge. I mean really?

Great lake and looking forward to going back.

Glad to see you had a good time. A lot of people get hit up for the prop charge. I have rented at Perris and they do not even check, well at least they didn't for me.

Easy fix for the future though. Just take out your camera phone and take a pic, then take another pic when you get it back.

Good Idea with the camera. Never had that problem and I rent from a lot of lakes.
    I mean, if we jacked something up, I would understand 100 percent. However, this was straight
    hustler crap. I mean if the prop is brand new, comes back used and its a plastic prop but not damaged. How is this our fault? If the staff could guarantee there is nothing floating in the water that incidentally has an algae bloom then I could understand if plastic blades come back looking frayed. Even if they were frayed.

Lesson learned. Perhaps next time I will bring a Sharpie.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasser View Post
    Good Idea with the camera. Never had that problem and I rent from a lot of lakes.
    I mean, if we jacked something up, I would understand 100 percent. However, this was straight
    hustler crap. I mean if the prop is brand new, comes back used and its a plastic prop but not damaged. How is this our fault? If the staff could guarantee there is nothing floating in the water that incidentally has an algae bloom then I could understand if plastic blades come back looking frayed. Even if they were frayed.

Lesson learned. Perhaps next time I will bring a Sharpie.
    Same exact thing happened to me when I rented a boat from there a few years ago. I was like seriously there is nothing wrong with it.