Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Laguna Lake Derby SKUNK THEN SLAY

Default Laguna Lake Derby SKUNK THEN SLAY

Got out here around 830 but got skunked for trout and catfish until about 2PM. We were ill prepared for catfish since we had no idea they were going to be stocked. I was about to give up but I said **** it, lets move further down the lake. Man we started slaying the catfish with shrimp my brother had brought as well as left over roast beef from an uneaten stater bros sandwich lol. Everyone in the are was slaying catfish, most taking only their limit and nothing more. I will be posting the photos very soon, my Time Warner Cable Internet is acting up like always. Hope the links work guys, thanks for all the replies.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1xb7l5eh.jpg

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...pswq3cz48b.jpg
    Last edited by georatm2011; 04-06-2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added Photos

Quote Originally Posted by georatm View Post
    Got out here around 830 but got skunked for trout and catfish until about 2PM. We were ill prepared for catfish since we had no idea they were going to be stocked. I was about to give up but I said **** it, lets move further down the lake. Man we started slaying the catfish with shrimp my brother had brought as well as left over roast beef from an uneaten stater bros sandwich lol. Everyone in the are was slaying catfish, most taking only their limit and nothing more. I will be posting the photos very soon, my Time Warner Cable Internet is acting up like always.
    Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!

Further down the lake meaning you went towards the dam?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Further down the lake meaning you went towards the dam?
    I'm only guessing, but do to my experience on the lake I would say the other way. lol

I was there for a few hours in the afternoon. Saw tons of stringers with kitties. Trout bite was extremely slow. Threw a kastmaster for 3 hours for 6 or 7 trout total. Tiny stockers. Threw a trout king minnow on a ball head jig and hooked on a small bass.

Someone told me they stocked some carp as well.

Totally killed it today with the kitties. Caught and released around 12 cats, all on a drop shot senko worm. Prob best experience fishing! have some videos that i recorded while i was reeling in so i will try to post them up. These kitties were biting anything!!

I'm glad you guy's aren't afraid to GIVE OUT SOME REAL INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!! I'll be down there all week, stop by and say hello. I'm the good looking white guy fishing a slip bobber with a catfish on my hat.

Sorry for the vagueness, we moved from the dam area to the middle of the lake, right in the center, thanks

WOW! I got skunked there yesterday O: Haha oh well better luck tomorrow I guess!

I really like this lake, but some of the anglers i meet there are a few quarters short of a dollar o_O

Good place to go if you want a sugarmomma Bahahaha