Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris lake on Thursday

Default Perris lake on Thursday

Went to Perris this last thurs, winds were light till about noon, then picked up to about 7mph, water temp between 64 and 67, visibility around 3 ft out deep and along the shore about 1 ft. It also looked like the water dropped a couple of feet. Set up on a few spots and landed bass on the brown robo and a few bumps on the jig. Its interesting to see how bass move to certain areas through out the seasons and some spots just stay consistant and always hold fish. I saw really good schools of bass in that 20 to 25 ft range. Trolled off and on and landed about 10 fish the biggest going 5.5 lbs on the shad crank bait and landed a 3 1/2 lbs on the 10 inch trout bait and lost a biggun on the big bait when he jumped and threw the bait.....heart break, ive lost two this year that were real big hopefully ill get my grove back on with the giants. Here is some of the latest and greatest JDS-13's Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swimbaits 008.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	43812

Very nice work and the paint job is killer!!!!! What kind of life are you getting out of those Bad Boys?

Those aren't baits fit for fishing...those are works of art......amazing detail. Best swimmies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Those aren't baits fit for fishing...those are works of art......amazing detail. Best swimmies I've ever seen.
    Those badd boyss belong in a trophy cabinet!!!

Those look awesome! Are they for sale???

If I caught a big bass on one of those swimbaits I'd throw the bass back and mount the swimbait on my wall.

Hey Dev hows it going, sorry I havent replied sooner, been pretty busy new job, college. My best bait lasted for about 10 big bass from 4.8 to 11.2 but I was always doing little repairs and finally all my best baits went to Davey Jones. Im sure I could get around 20 bass or so with one bait and minor repairs here and there. I was thinking about selling some for a good price, it takes me about 9 hours to build a bait not counting drying time of course. I was thinking ok, 8 bucks an hour for labor, thats 72, plus 15 for parts, 85 bucks per bait, but it wouldnt be fair to sell them at any price when I know these baits are just not that bullet proof, maybe some day when I can build them a little stronger I will give it a shot. Right now I give some out to friends.

In the eighties I went thru three AC lures a day sometimes, mind you those big Brown Trout have a nice set of teeth...and the big Colorado River Stripers would just straight crush them into splinters. If they catch fish..we will buy. On the other hand if you want to make money you will have to move to China and train ten kids in the procedure. It's a numbers game....Attachment 43828

Quote Originally Posted by bendopolo2004 View Post
    In the eighties I went thru three AC lures a day sometimes, mind you those big Brown Trout have a nice set of teeth...and the big Colorado River Stripers would just straight crush them into splinters. If they catch fish..we will buy. On the other hand if you want to make money you will have to move to China and train ten kids in the procedure. It's a numbers game....Attachment 43828
    Lol, true that! Heck, when the blade bite is on, which it is now, I can blow through 3-4 blade baits a day if I get into the right size of fish...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Lol, true that! Heck, when the blade bite is on, which it is now, I can blow through 3-4 blade baits a day if I get into the right size of fish...
    Amen to that...I buy spinnerbaits 1/2 dozen at a time from Tackle Warehouse...