Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Irvine Lake Slay Fest 4/5

What is the issue with CnR? Is it a disease spreading in the water thing if they die and fall to the bottom?

I have caught trout on accident while fishing LMB before and released them with no harm done. I guess I could always throw them in the bushes for the yotes, foxes, raccoons, bobcats, skunks, mountain lions, possums, turkey vultures, red tailed hawks and ospreys.

The issue is, 99% of the people do not know "how" to properly handle fish for catch and release. If everybody did it, the lake would be full of dead trout. They allowed catch & release of catfish last year and had the same problem, lots of dead catfish. It's too bad it has to be this way but most "fishermen" don't know what there doing when comes to handling their catch.
    Last edited by hookerz; 04-06-2014 at 09:25 PM.

like a half of the dudes at the pay lakes aren't even real fishermen! ive seen a dude fish for trout with a medium action rod 8# mono with a 1oz sinker and size 8 trebles.. oh man.. the dude was ready to catch a 40 Lb trout!

Quote Originally Posted by hookerz View Post
    The issue is, 99% of the people do not know "how" to properly handle fish for catch and release. If everybody did it, the lake would be full of dead trout. They allowed catch & release of catfish last year and had the same problem, lots of dead catfish. It's too bad it has to be this way but most "fishermen" don't know what there doing when comes to handling their catch.
    That's an interesting thought, I wonder how LNL stays in business. With dopes like me averaging 30-50 fish per outing. Maybe those fly guy's there should put out an information pamphlet on how to release fish properly. They allow it there and it really doesn't hurt their business. Besides how many people after the opener are really going to over limit. The ones who would, probably do know how to release fish properly. We are not talking about fish caught on power bait, but fish taken on plastic lures or trolled fish can safely be C&R. As for the catfish, I went there about once a week last year. After the opener the average fishermen had a hard time catching a limit consistently. Just saying.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-06-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Glad to hear that you had a good time at the Team 57 event.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I've been accused on here of being a truck chasing king for years. So I can tell you with a straight face, the only pay lake that allows for C&R on trout is LNL. That's where I spent the majority of my trout season. Oh I forgot about Hesperia, like everybody else did. Anybody, do they allow it there??????????
    Does it matter? Nobody obeys these days. Hesperia use to offer a C&R entrance fee where you could keep I think 2 fish also but with new management I'm not sure what the rules are. I miss Ed that grumpy old basstard, lol.

By the way Kidtrout not buying it, sorry. If you fish the other lakes that are pay to fish and know they are C&R why wouldn't you think to check the rules at this lake? It is your responsibility to know the rules whether it be DFG or local pay to fish rules, learn um when you go to a new lake.
    Last edited by seal; 04-07-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    That's an interesting thought, I wonder how LNL stays in business. With dopes like me averaging 30-50 fish per outing. Maybe those fly guy's there should put out an information pamphlet on how to release fish properly. They allow it there and it really doesn't hurt their business. Besides how many people after the opener are really going to over limit. The ones who would, probably do know how to release fish properly. We are not talking about fish caught on power bait, but fish taken on plastic lures or trolled fish can safely be C&R. As for the catfish, I went there about once a week last year. After the opener the average fishermen had a hard time catching a limit consistently. Just saying.
    The only thing about this response I agree with is that you are a "dope", just kidding Etucker, couldn't resist.

Are you allowed to use barbless hooks?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Are you allowed to use barbless hooks?
    Yes you can use barbless hooks, but you still have to keep um.

So why is everyone thriving on the negative here? Hey man glad you went out and had a good time bro I guess not one person telling you the rule is enuff everyone wants to chime in and get a shot at you!

Btw stop catching all the fish or I'm going to pop Ur tube on the water!!!!!!!!
    Jk :) hit me up when Ur ready to hit the water again I'll be fishing hopefully Saturday if you want to head out
    Last edited by blakeb; 04-07-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast