Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irvine Lake Slay Fest 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    So why is everyone thriving on the negative here? Hey man glad you went out and had a good time bro I guess not one person telling you the rule is enuff everyone wants to chime in and get a shot at you!

Btw stop catching all the fish or I'm going to pop Ur tube on the water!!!!!!!!
    Jk :) hit me up when Ur ready to hit the water again I'll be fishing hopefully Saturday if you want to head out
    The claims of innocent is what got me to respond. Own it most truly don't give a poop, which I think is where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yes you can use barbless hooks, but you still have to keep um.
    If you are able to land them!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The claims of innocent is what got me to respond. Own it most truly don't give a poop, which I think is where you're coming from.
    If ur stating I don't care that he does that ur wrong.

I agree yes it shouldn't be done, But does that mean every one should drill him about it?

what i find to be funny is that I think he wrote on the SARL/Corona forum about he never fishes the vine but is a regular at Corona and so on, they don't allow CATCH and RELEASE at Corona either, do they?

If ur stating I don't care that he does that ur wrong.

I agree yes it shouldn't be done, But does that mean every one should drill him about it?
    Ok no problem. Here is my main point although this is getting beat to death I agree. Whenever fishing a lake you are unfamiliar with be it pay to fish, local reservoir, creek, river etc... it is a necessity to know the rules and regs. of the lake. Many lakes have very specific rules whether it be C&R, slot limits, barbless, no take on certain species etc... This holds true with boating issues too. It is important to know that not all lakes operate the same, keeps you out of trouble and away from a potentially large ticket. Can't tell you how many come to Silverwood and have no idea about the 15" minimum size limit on largemouth or the 2 fish limit to give an example let alone no wake zones and stuff for boaters.

By the way the Sierra Cove area is a total zoo these days, I hadn't been to Irvine in years and was shocked at the scene back there a couple weeks ago. Reminded me more of a Colorado River party scene than a day out fishing, lol.
    Last edited by seal; 04-07-2014 at 12:31 PM.

All I have to say is then write in on the pass that they give you to wear like corona does so the rules are on it to see. I wasn't the only one doing CNR saw several other people as well. I like to catch several fish not just 5. Yeah I have caught and released at the pay lakes to for all your information and have been threatened to be thrown out so I do t do it any more there.

So why is everyone thriving on the negative here? Hey man glad you went out and had a good time bro I guess not one person telling you the rule is enuff everyone wants to chime in and get a shot at you!

Btw stop catching all the fish or I'm going to pop Ur tube on the water!!!!!!!!
    Jk :) hit me up when Ur ready to hit the water again I'll be fishing hopefully Saturday if you want to head out
    I guess not everyone can catch as many or something haha. Naw but I guess I was just in the spot and knew what the fish wanted. I'll be at the Sarl derby in Saturday. Probably just on shore though. I don't like to tube that lake so much. Let me know if you can make it there. Trying to take that 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by KidTrout View Post
    All I have to say is then write in on the pass that they give you to wear like corona does so the rules are on it to see. I wasn't the only one doing CNR saw several other people as well. I like to catch several fish not just 5. Yeah I have caught and released at the pay lakes to for all your information and have been threatened to be thrown out so I do t do it any more there.
    I'm pretty sure it says on the sticker. Just gotta read it carefully tho, most people tend to just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carptain_Bao View Post
    I'm pretty sure it says on the sticker. Just gotta read it carefully tho, most people tend to just ignore it.
    No where on it does it say it. I went back yesterday and read the sticker multiple times and no where did it say it. But now I know for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KidTrout View Post
    I guess not everyone can catch as many or something haha. Naw but I guess I was just in the spot and knew what the fish wanted. I'll be at the Sarl derby in Saturday. Probably just on shore though. I don't like to tube that lake so much. Let me know if you can make it there. Trying to take that 1st.
    I'll give you a hot tip, bring your tube!!!!!!! That lake is so infested with shad right now, you need to drop something at mid depth that looks like a shad or your screwed!!!!!!! I'm thinking about lead coring it with needle fish. If you do fish from shore go to Chris's pond, there you have a little bit of a chance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast