Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irvine Lake Slay Fest 4/5

Default Irvine Lake Slay Fest 4/5

Well I finally decided to fish irvine for the first time in 3 years and man was it worth it. Didn't get on the water until 8:30 on the boat but it was still a extremely well day. Went straight to Sierra cove because that's where everyone has been telling me to fish. Got there and saw 20 boats posted up in there. Well we slowly made our way through the boats and got a good spot by the rope. Not to close and not to far. 1st cast if the day on a Orange Bline worm and hook up. How often does that happen. Solid 2 lber.

After that it was fish on all day on the mini jigs. That's all I use and I saw everyone using power bait or mice tails. The fish are extremely active and were just hammering the jigs. My buddy got a solid 3.3 Yosemite red. We only fished till 1:40 and headed in for the day. Kept only 7 of the larger fish and let the other ones go. We also won some cool prizes in the raffle. I'll be headed back out there again tomorrow in hopes of another 25+ fish day.

So you're throwing yourself under the bus on a public forum? wow kid you got some real big balls....

Quote Originally Posted by Jbfish View Post
    So you're throwing yourself under the bus on a public forum? wow kid you got some real big balls....
    Lol how am I throwing myself under the bus.

No catch and release allowed at Irvine lake......

@jbfish this guy is probably a Corona or Sarl type and does what he wants, catching and releasing trout. smh kid

Hey Kid.... you're not under the bus. Just remember there is no catch and release of trout at Irvine Lake. All bass (Largemouth and Wipers) are catch and release only.
    But trout are not. You would not be the first to not understand the rules and release a trout. So not to worry.

Glad you had an excellent day at the tourney. Please come back and fish again soon at the 'Vine! But keep trout you catch.

Thanks Tight Lines !!

DJ

Quote Originally Posted by VineVideos View Post
    Hey Kid.... you're not under the bus. Just remember there is no catch and release of trout at Irvine Lake. All bass (Largemouth and Wipers) are catch and release only.
    But trout are not. You would not be the first to not understand the rules and release a trout. So not to worry.

Glad you had an excellent day at the tourney. Please come back and fish again soon at the 'Vine! But keep trout you catch.

Thanks Tight Lines !!

DJ
    I did not know that. I thought you were allowed to catch and release. Well i know now for next time I go. Can't wait for the sierras so I can release all the fish I want. Thanks guys.

You can tell I never fish irvine lol. I honestly thought you were allowed to. Looks like a lot of lakes are trying to crack down on CNR. I just don't want to rent a boat catch my 5 in 20 minutes then drive over an hour back home. Expensive day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KidTrout View Post
    You can tell I never fish irvine lol. I honestly thought you were allowed to. Looks like a lot of lakes are trying to crack down on CNR. I just don't want to rent a boat catch my 5 in 20 minutes then drive over an hour back home. Expensive day lol.
    I've been accused on here of being a truck chasing king for years. So I can tell you with a straight face, the only pay lake that allows for C&R on trout is LNL. That's where I spent the majority of my trout season. Oh I forgot about Hesperia, like everybody else did. Anybody, do they allow it there??????????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-06-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Sounds like a great day on the water. Nice way to return to the lake.
    Glad you had a fun time at the Team 57 event.
    It's all good on the trout C&R. Now you know.

You must have got some hard looks out there.
    Bobbing and weaving to get to the buoy line and C&R!!!
    Surprised now one called you out. LOL

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast