Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a yak

Just like most things we purchase it all comes down to budget. Hobies are great if you've got a Hobie budget. Checkout Malibu Kayaks, they're not as expensive and offer a few fishing platforms. Another good place to buy would be Kayak City, they're located up in Sacramento with a good selection to choose from. BassPro seems to have some nice kayaks but I don't know the quality of them since I haven't met anyone who had one. Then there's always Craigslist where you can find some deals. Take your time and sample a few before making your decision since there are a lot of factors to consider like weight, length, tracking, storage and whether or not if it can accommodate your accessories. Post up a pic when you get your yak, good luck!

I have a wilderness systems tarpon 160 with accessories and stuff, PM me... :)

Anyone have any input on a 2013 ocean kayak trident 13?

He's asking $1400 but obviously I want to haggle him down. Includes:

• Humminbird 597ci hd fish finder with GPS (

• Humminbird scupper transducer fitted in scupper hole (the setup has not been glued, drilled or gooped)

• Marine grade 2-pin power adaptor installed in sonar shield wall (this can be used to power lights, fish finder, etc.)

• 12V 10AMP GPS rechargeable battery (includes 1AMP recharger)

• Full length anchor trolley with quick release stainless steel cabineer and nylon o-ring for stakeout poles (installed on left side)

• 3 lb. folding claw anchor and stow bag with 50 ft. of green paracord

• 2 16-inch Geartrac GTSL90 Composit Track Systems installed on both sides of kayak

• 1 Zooka Tube Rod Holder by YakAttack with track/rail mounting kit

• 1 Scotty Baitcaster/Spinning Rod Holder 280 with Scotty GearHead Track Adaptor 438

• 1 Canon Rod Holder (comes with two 8-inch extension posts)
    [Original Price = $23]

• 1 black Plano 1612 marine grade box (custom fit with black 3 Tube Rod Holder - fits perfectly in tank well behind seat)

• 1 Werner Tybee FG 2-piece straight shaft paddle (Yellow)

• 1 NRS Chinook Mesh Back PFD (Orange, Large/Medium)

• 1 Scotty Cup Holder 311

• 1 C.O.D. Coil Style Paddle leash

Its a bit high for my price range at $1400 but i want to try to lower him down since ill maybe be using it once or twice a month in the ocean/lake. But also looking in the future i would mind spending a little more money now and keep it for a long time than getting a so so yak and upgrading it and than down the line getting a better yak... any advise would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get a yak and start hitting the open water more often.

Prob too late but that deal seems pretty good as long as the yak is in good condition. I outfitted my PA, and let's just say accesorizing costs bucu dollers. Certain things costs more than others. The FF is of good quality. Paddle seems good. Hit me up u have any more questions.

Great kayak, similar to my Prowler 13T which I love.
    But for that kinda money, I'd recommend trying to find a used Hobie Outback or Revo. It will make your fishing experience much more enjoyable.
    I dont have one personally, but if I was to dish out over $1k on a used kayak, it would be a Hobie. Those are pretty much the only used kayaks that would be worth that kinda money, IMO.

NeKro,

I've fished from standard yaks and from Hobies. The pedals make life much easier. Native Kayak makes some pedal kayaks too.

You might want to try them out before you decide.

The above are right. The deal is good, but for that kind of scratch u can get a really nice outback and be set. U can always outfit later, but a good foundation is paramount.

Hi Nekro.
    Same as you checked out amap for what i should get. I live in aliso viejo (so cal)
    i'm charging 900 total for 'ocean kayak prowler 15' as 15 ft is considered stable; with seat, paddle, pfd to have it be usable on ocean.
    i can only barter for $800 just for kayak and paddle if you like. All is red to be visible on ocean for safety. Used only 3 times in ocean.
    i didn't get one used d/t worry of condition, and while researching enhancements, it takes a lot of trial/error to master, so i didn't want to risk damage or gain it.
    if you want, pls pm or message my email (ashiivc@gmail.com)
    Last edited by Fishermen2Fisherofmen; 06-06-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12