Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lugworms

Default Lugworms

So how exactly do you fish with lugworms?

Same as you would with nightcrawlers I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by SO818CAL View Post
    Same as you would with nightcrawlers I'm sure...
    If you're fishing for stripers with them, I'll give you a simple formula. They tend to work best if fished with a N/C on the same hook. A 1/4 of a Lug worm with 1/2 of a N/C on a number 8 bait holder hook.

I like to snip off the head because of those nasty little fangs they possess then thread the entire worm through the hook, all the way up the line. I'll work the worm up until the hook is protruding somewhere in the middle of the worm. It's a little tricky because they have very soft bodies but it has been a very effective method for me. Some of those lugworms get REALLY long so I'll cut those in half.

I use a size 2/0 mosquito hook and thread the a NC through the the hook and line and leave half of it hanging that way that half is still wiggling to the rest of the hook depending on the size of the lug worm I either put half or the whole worm to cover the rest of the hook

Quote Originally Posted by basshole1 View Post
    I like to snip off the head because of those nasty little fangs
    I would wait till they open up then shove the hook down there throat. They do bite.
    SW not FW.
    DR