Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL prefrontal..monday

Default DVL prefrontal..monday

So Dwayne has been wanting to get out to DVL with me for over 2 years but something has always come up...so with his birthday just days away he decided that there was no better way hed rather spend it then fishing with his girl on DVL with me hammering some bass.
    So we meet at DVL and Dwayne is excited like a kid on Christmas..

After a short trip across the lake and a quick "how to" I turn both Dwayne and Jackie loose in search of the Diamond Valley Greenies that we all love to hunt!!!

Dwayne made his first cast and quickly established whos birthday it was by setting the hook on a solid 3lb Diamond Valley Bass...as he hollered 'Its my Birthday"...as he reeled that bass in!!!

And that didn't stop after that fish...because in the next 15 minutes he caught 3 more as well and frankly was making me and Jackie look bad!!!

Dwayne was fired up and was kicking himself for waiting over 2 years to come out to DVL with me.. lol

Before long Jackie got into the action as she set the hook on a solid 4 lb DVL to establish big fish of the morning honors and with that quieted Dwayne a little bit... ....
    Then Jackie caught another and proved it wasn't a fluke... but just as she was gathering momentum Dwayne squashed those ideas as he rattled off another 2-3 bass in a row and once again reminded everyone that it was indeed his day and wouldn't be out done!!!

This went on throughout the day and a great time was had by all... by the time we called it quits Dwayne had about 14 bass or so and Jackie although she had less quantity she definetly had good quality with 2 bass in the 4 lb range and another 4 or so in the 3lb range...

Dwayne couldn't have been happier as they had 20+ bass, a lot of laughs, some trash talk, and an all round good day on the lake...we grinded it out under tough prefrontal conditions that had the DVL bass in a funk which usually happens prefrontal this time of year. Most everyone we talked to that day said they struggled to catch 6-10 bass so coming in with 20+ was a good day and Dwayne wouldn't have wanted to spend his birthday doing anything else...

We caught our bass in 8-25 ft of water all on dropshot...

Jackie had big bass of the day honors. They had a double hookup which was cool and Dwayne also caught a solid 2 1/2 lb Smallmouth and he also had the most bass of the day..

.................................................. ..............GOOD TIMES............................................. ...........................

Guys if your ready for a fun day on the lake...call me and book your trip for a fun day on either DVL or Perris....The bite is good at either lake...just different so call me and we'll figure out which lake suits your style right now and we'll get out there and smash them!!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
    (909) 510-5679 office
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 04-03-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Yes it's so true it took me over 3 years to get out on the lake with Pete, but it was well worth the wait. From the very first cast to the last I thought I was tournament fishing because he did everything he could to make sure I was on the bass. Not to mention I've been to DVL a numerous amount of times with most of those trips ending in a skunk, but not this time I slayed them with over 20 in the boat...ha ha ha cause its birthday!!!! Now with the know-how from Pete of what to look for what to use and how to use it I'm pretty confident that I can get those mean greenies in the boat. So if you're looking for an epic trip with a lot of line tugging and a whole lot more trash talking don't hesitate to give Pete a call you won't regret it cause I sure don't. Thanks again for a great birthday and rest assured it won't take me another 3 years to get back on that yellow Skeeter.

And I was just gonna chime in that last week was a tough week at DVL..........................for me. not for you guys...ughhhh

Husker..... the reason the bite toughened up some last week wasn't just because the hot and cold temp..the lack of wind also played a roll.

The bass are stacked up on prespawn and post spawn spots and will eat readily if they are given the chance.

I cant say too much at this moment because I have a tourney this Saturday..but I will say this... I was there this past Sunday and the bite is WIDE OPEN...from the bank out to 50ft. There are sweet spots in between those depths but I literally caught a bass in 2ft and then moved out to 50ft and caught another on the next cast. They are grouped up though in "sweet spots" between those depths and the bite is easy. We had ALOT of bass on Sunday and on 4-5 different techniques.. The tourney this Saturday is gonna be a blood bath... Im thinking it will take a big weight to finish in the top 3-4 spots.. I for one am looking forward to it... Im not say Im gonna win by any means, Im just saying that Im very confident in my 10-12 spots that Ill be rotating through all day... It "should" be good!!

Also I fished the ABA Silverwood tourney on Saturday and you can go to the Silverwood report section and see my story on that event... It was pretty cool..

Pete